cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speeds

N/A

Upload Speeds

is there any plans for increased upload bandwidth at some point in the near future? if so whats the timescale? Is it the isp's holding it back or BT with the technology?
i wish i was swedish lol, BBB have been selling symmetrical 10mbit lines for years now
12 REPLIES
N/A

Upload Speeds

BT are the ones to blame. Only way i know to have faster upload is to go cable.
Community Veteran

Upload Speeds

SDSL is what you are after which gives you the same upload and download speed, but it is only available on limited exchanges and is extreamly expensive - in the region of 100-300 quid a month depending on speed if I remember.

So the technology is on the way but it may take a few years before the costs make it acceptable for home/small business use.
N/A

Upload Speeds

the region of 100-300 quid a month depending on speed if I remember.

OUCH!! :shock:
N/A

Upload Speeds

Yep living in the uk is so grt aint it
N/A

Upload Speeds

nice lil script u got runnin on ur signature there mariglenn, however im clearly using opera and not ie6 to browse the t'internet Wink hehe

ps ppl are still daft enough to use ie? lol
N/A

Upload Speeds

Whats wrong with IE?

Its kind of like saying your shouldn't drive a certain car because it has a track record for crashing. What they don't say is that most cases are caused by driver incompetance.

I do use Opera as well, for all my design work, but not for main browsing. opera is a meory hungry hog that crashes more than IE.
N/A

Upload Speeds

heh

apart from auto executing every malicious script it finds embedded in things as ludicrous as jpegs, and being the main target for circumvention by every spyware vendor on the planet.... its brilliant Cheesy
N/A

Upload Speeds

Of course IE is the main target, if everyone used Opera and/or Linux then they would be the main targets and would suffer because of it.
N/A

Upload Speeds

exacty thats my whole point, and by using a browser that isnt monopolised upon ppl by microsoft, u are also safer lol

they also dont make it very difficult for said spyware creators, like i said auto executing every bit of code it finds on a web page as a default setting is just plain dumb, but then we are talking about microsoft
N/A

Upload Speeds

tabbed browsing rocks
N/A

Upload Speeds

indeed
N/A

Upload Speeds

XP SP2 should help prevent most of these issues.