cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed

N/A

Upload Speed

Anyone have problems with upload speed?

My upload speed is around 5.8k - 6.8k!!!

Are these typical for you guys? Anyone know how to solve this problem, 'cos i used BTopenworld before and upload speeds can go up to 26k...

I think plusnet is saving up bandwidth...

Download speeds aren't great as well...

Go to adslguide and check out the speed test there... it gives u disappointing results
7 REPLIES
espresso_mick
Grafter

RE: Upload Speed

I got an error with ADSLguide test, it told me to try again later. So I did this one from BroadbandReports in America.

2002-11-11 08:58:16 EST: 453 / 247
Your download speed : 453143 bps, or 453 kbps.
A 55.3 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 247524 bps, or 247 kbps.

N/A

> I got an error with ADSLguide test, it told me to try again later. So I did this one from BroadbandReports in America.
>
> 2002-11-11 08:58:16 EST: 453 / 247
> Your download speed : 453143 bps, or 453 kbps.
> A 55.3 KB/sec transfer rate.
> Your upload speed : 247524 bps, or 247 kbps.
>
>

Nice speeds, but if you've been with btopenworld before, you know what speed you should get with ADSL.

Upload is ridiculous with plusnet as well as download.

I play Counter Strike and gets pings of 120 - 200 while on the same servers with bt, i get 50s.

Strange...

Any one know how to improve bandwidth with PCI modem.
espresso_mick
Grafter

What servers do you connect to?

I play counterstrike on the UK2 and sometimes Jolt servers. I always have pings in the 20s. I don't usually have any problems with games.
espresso_mick
Grafter

Have you tried experimenting with your MTU and RWIN settings?
N/A

Hi,
All the problems that everyone is experiencing the now is down to some hardware that is being upgraded on the Plusdsl.net realm on Wednesday. I cant bet that all the people that are still receiving the slow speeds (including me) are on that realm.
If you dont know what realm your on look at your username. Dependin on the ending (plus.net or plusdsl.net). The plus.net realm has been upgraded already and almost all users are reporting high speeds again (download - 58KB/sec, upload - 30KB/sec). So im just waiting for the upgrade on Wednesday and then everything should be back to normal.
If not im changing ISP. Simple as that.

Dave Allan
N/A

yeah, my FTP uploads are a joke. if i wasnt so annoyed, it would be funny.
N/A

> Hi,
> All the problems that everyone is experiencing the now is down to some hardware that is being upgraded on the Plusdsl.net realm on Wednesday. I cant bet that all the people that are still receiving the slow speeds (including me) are on that realm.
> If you dont know what realm your on look at your username. Dependin on the ending (plus.net or plusdsl.net). The plus.net realm has been upgraded already and almost all users are reporting high speeds again (download - 58KB/sec, upload - 30KB/sec). So im just waiting for the upgrade on Wednesday and then everything should be back to normal.
> If not im changing ISP. Simple as that.
>
>
> Dave Allan

Are you sure, this is such a joke!!!

Things are so different with BTopenworld.

Seems that PlusNet have no plans. Reading from the customer support, I get really disappointed.

I wonder if they have a backup system as well... What happens if one of there server is down?

BTopenworld, I was with them for at least 4 years and never had speed problems like that. Worst case is no internet for 1 night and that only happened once... it was about 4 hours and they fixed the problem. I bet they had upgrades as well but never affected me!

So with PlusNet I'm really disappointed. I just got my connection up and running today. I had problems with the installation and from the customer support on the phone, they gave me not much help.

I had to format my computer.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Anyone know how to set MTU, 'cos I have my PCI modem and in the regedit, it doesn't seem to find the IP thingy. If you know what i'm saying.