cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading while still migrating

N/A

Is it possible to upgrade at the same time i`m migrating to you?

Hopefully this week my migration will be complete im migrating on a 512k connection and was wondering is it ok to upgrade to the 2mb connection at the same time, will doing it this way save time?
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

It may confuse things by trying to do both at once.
There is very little outage time involved in an upgrade (on hour maybe) so I would think the best thing is to let your migration complete first then rquest your upgrade.
Community Veteran

You have to let the migration complete first before you can put in an regrade request. I suggest you wait until you are on PlusNet then raise a contact us ticket to upgrade on the same day. It weill then take 5 -> 7 working days for the upgrade to complete (subject to your line being capable of handling the new speed).
N/A

Ok thanks.
LiamM
Grafter

Most regrades in speed are performed in the early hours of the morning anyway as far as I am aware, so it's unlikely you'll even notice when it's happening.

Won't it be nice waking up to a connection twice as fast Smiley ?
N/A

Thanks for the reply

My Migration is now complete....

Ok i want to upgrade to a 2mb connection i`m sure i read that the price is £24.99 to do this because i`m on monthly contract .

I assume my first months payment of £21.99 will go out of my bank within the next couple of days, what will happen when /if i can upgrade

Will it be you take the other £24.99, along with the current £21.99

Or will it be you take the £21.99 then the £24.99 then once upgraded you then take the £39.99 for the month etc, can you please explain it, as the bank account i use is just set up for net purchases and i keep limited money in there etc.
LiamM
Grafter

i believe it is done on a 'pro-rata' basis. So they will work out how many days service you have been on 512k and charge you a proportion at £21.99 and then the rest of the months proportion at 2Mb prices... are you with me?
Community Veteran

Your first monthly payment will be taken from your account in the next few days as you suggest.

You only pay £24.99 if you want to stay on a monthly contract. If your happy to start a new annual contract you only have to pay £14.99. Just because you are on monthly now does not mean you have to stay on a monthly contract when you regrade.

The above on-off payment is taken via a credit/debit card when you apply for the regrade to 2Mb (you must have a card setup on your account from which the payment can be taken). This is completely separate from the normal monthly billing, especially if you pay by Direct Debit. Regrades cannot be paid for via DD.

The new monthly charge (£39.99) starts from when you are upgraded to 2Mb and you will pay a on-off difference payment to cover the rest of the billing month that you are on 2Mb (remember you always pay in-advanced for ADSL). After that the next monthly payment of £39.99 will be taken.

So if your billing month starts on 1st and you switch to 2Mb on the 15th, you will pay 15 days at the old speed rate and 15 days at the new speed rate.

15 days @ 21.99 = £11 + 15 days @ 39.99 = £20 = total of £41

You have already payed £21.99 for the month so you have to pay an on-off payment of £19 as soon as you switch to 2Mb (obviously this is just an example). You then pay £39.99 on the 1st of the following month.
LiamM
Grafter

there - what he said Wink
N/A

Ok

Thanks Understood.