cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Premier

N/A

Upgrading to Premier

Hi all, we've just sent in an order to upgrade from broadband plus to the premier account and were wondering how long the change takes. I read somewhere that it's all automated, so will it be a matter of a couple of hours?
11 REPLIES
N/A

Upgrading to Premier

Normally you allow 7 days for BT to get there act together as they have to re test the line. Often though its done a lot quicker
Community Veteran

Upgrading to Premier

Ignore the above as BT are not involved in this upgrade as no speed or contention change will occur.

The upgrade is automatic and can take just a few hours once payment has been authorised so It should be done by the morning.
N/A

Upgrading to Premier

Excellent. Thanks for the information.
N/A

Upgrading to Premier

Would there be any charge for me to go from Home Surf to Premier? They are the same price.

Does anyone know where I can find out the differences between Home Surf and Premier. I remember a while back something about idle timeouts?
N/A

Upgrading to Premier

Odd, I've just checked and we still haven't been upgraded to Premier. I raised a ticket around ten last night asking how long the change would take and it still hasn't been answered either. So far I haven't seen anything to suggest the account is meant to be upgraded other than a ticket that was automatically raised that I can see on the contact us screen - no confirmation emails or anything.
Alecto
Grafter

Upgrading to Premier

Would there be any charge for me to go from Home Surf to Premier? They are the same price.

There's no charge to change betwen packages which have the same monthly price.There is only a charge of £14.99 if you end up paying less per month.

Don't know about the differences, though.
Community Veteran

Upgrading to Premier

Homesurf is £18.99/month, premier is £21.99/month so as you will be paying more there is no charge. If you decided to move to PAYG or BB+ there would be a £14.99 charge as you would be paying less ach month.

As for why the upgrade has not happened yet, I suspect the network issues may have delayed account changes but it should not be much longer.
N/A

Upgrading to Premier

As for why the upgrade has not happened yet, I suspect the network issues may have delayed account changes but it should not be much longer.

Fingers crossed. I have no experience in this though, so do you think by the end of today sometime?
N/A

Upgrading to Premier

Homesurf is £18.99/month, premier is £21.99/month

I've been paying £21.99 a month for home surf...

16/08/2002 ADSL Home Self-Install - PCI Starter Pack £21.99(monthly) Complete

I'm 99% sure I'm on Home Surf.
Community Veteran

Upgrading to Premier

Sounds like you are on premier, based on the name of the account (ADSL Home) and the price. Any hardware / activation fees will have been paid long ago so 21.99 is the price of the account only.
Community Veteran

Upgrading to Premier

You are not on homesurf, you are on ADSL home which is equivelant to broadband premier up to 2Mbs except you don't have Anti-virus email scanning options.