Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Prem

Redviper
Grafter

Upgrading to Prem

Hi

I am considering Upgrading to Broadband Prem, so i can take advantage of some decent speed P2P, as i am on BB+ This is currently throtteled.

At the time i moved onto BB from Dialup i never used P2P so I didnt think that i would need it, but i would like to use it now.

A Have few questions though
I am going to be moving to a new postcode area, soon within a Large Town Should i wait just incase i cant get 2mb there, (Distances to Exghanges, that sort of thing), althought BT's Postcode checker reckons i can.

and

Is there anything that i should know b4 i do

Thanks

Ste

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All capitals title reduced to lower case. See the Link:rules
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Upgrading to Prem

It won't actually cost you anything to upgrade to premier so I don't see why you need to wait until you move. Also any upgrade will just be your product and not your speed so you will remain at the current speed you are on now.

Even though the post code checker states you can get 2Mbs in your new location, that is just a guide and is no always correct as it is the quality of your line, not your location that determins what speed you can get.
Redviper
Grafter

Upgrading to Prem

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

SO basically I dont have anything to lose, is that right,Huh?? Obvoulsly i will have to pay the higher price.

what i meant is, about moving, is there anypoint upgrading now, then moving to a new postcode area, only to find out that i cant get 2mb, so i will be paying more for a service i cant get

One more thing, how long will it take ??

Ste
Community Veteran

Upgrading to Prem

The upgrade can be done in a few hours as it is fully automated. Note: If you pay by DD, you need a credit/debit card on your account as a payment is necessary to cover the additional cost of premier from the point you are upgraded to your next billing date.

As for when you move, that will just be pot luck what speed you can get and you will still pay the same price whether you get 512K, 1Mb or 2Mbs (and this would also apply if you stayed on BB+). Moving also incurs a new activation fee in case you were not aware. THis can be deferred over 5 years but I recommend you pay it all up-front.

When you do move, make sure you request that you are provisioned on the fastest speed the line will take rather than your current speed (assuming you are on less than 2Mbs now).