cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to 8Mb DSL max

N/A

Upgrading to 8Mb DSL max

Hi,

I applied to be upgraded to the 8Mb service at the beginning of March. I then received an email on the 22nd March from PN stating that;

'We're pleased to inform you that your broadband will shortly be upgraded to give you 'up to 8Mb' speeds.'

My question is how long should this 'shortly' time period take? I've been checking the line speed regularly using the PN service and the speed is no different (I'm currently on 2Mb). I'm also powering off the modem/router as advised.

If I'm in a que thats fine but it would be good to know when the actual upgrade process is going to start?

Thanks for any help

Stuart
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Upgrading to 8Mb DSL max

What speed is your router syncing at? >2Mbs down & > 288Kbs up then you are already on max.

Sometimes the Delta report from BT is lost / not sent leaving stuck at 2Mbs on an 8Mbs line. If you are syncing > 2Mbs and clicking on connection settings -> high speed broadband still says 2000 then you need to raise a ticket and get your speed fixed.
N/A

Upgrading to 8Mb DSL max

Thanks for the reply petervaughan.

I check this 'syncing' within the router?

The PN Bandwidth speed test resports roundabout 2000kbps +/- some. The PN High Speed Broadband says 2000kbps but I've always had these results before I requested DSL max upgrade, which makes me think nothing has happeded yet?

Stuart
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Upgrading to 8Mb DSL max

Hi,

Looking at the ordering systems the regrade is currently in the system and should be done within the next day or so. It was put in last Friday's batch and normally regrades are completed within a week when ordered in batch.
N/A

Upgrading to 8Mb DSL max

Thanks very much for the reply Dave.

Stuart
N/A

Me too!!

Hi folks,

My sincere apologies if this could be classed as 'hijacking' a thread, but I seem to be in more or less the same position as Stuart.

I initially requested an upgrade to 8Mb connection back in January this year, and nothing appears to have happened yet??

This has been queried twice subsequently (what does 'shortly' actually mean??) and I have since received the same bog standard 'upgrade response' each time - on 23 February, 22 March and 7 April so far Shockedops: :?

My service does not appear to have been upgraded yet :x

(Just to complicate matters, I have, this weekend, switched to BBYW account option 1 - and the confirmation received this morning indicates that the lower data allowance of 5Gb that I fully believed I had requested, was not implemented. A manual change has just been requested.)

If anyone could please give me a realistic idea as to when my line will be upgraded, it would be very much appreciated?

Many thanks
magicofthemind
Dabbler

Upgrading to 8Mb DSL max

Have a look at this thread:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55150

I raised a ticket yesterday asking for my profile to be updated and got an idiot response. I'm still waiting.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: Me too!!

If anyone could please give me a realistic idea as to when my line will be upgraded, it would be very much appreciated?

Hi,

The regrade was done a few weeks ago, if you haven't done so you may need to disconnect and reconnect for the change to take effect.
N/A

Upgrading to 8Mb DSL max

Thank you Dave!

I have been disconnecting every evening for at least the past year (some of which I have spent with another ISP) - I don't leave my PC connected overnight.

Checking this morning, I now appear to have a connection considerably faster than the sub-2Mb I'm used to (PlusNet now says - for the first time - I have a current broadband speed of 7000Kbps).

Thank you for your kind assistance (I suspect you 'flicked the switch' yesterday, as there was certainly no indication that anything had been changed prior to the weekend just gone?!!) Wink

Regards,
N/A

Re: Upgrading to 8Mb DSL max

Hi,

I applied to be upgraded to the 8Mb service at the beginning of March. I then received an email on the 22nd March from PN stating that;

'We're pleased to inform you that your broadband will shortly be upgraded to give you 'up to 8Mb' speeds.'

My question is how long should this 'shortly' time period take? I've been checking the line speed regularly using the PN service and the speed is no different (I'm currently on 2Mb). I'm also powering off the modem/router as advised.

If I'm in a que thats fine but it would be good to know when the actual upgrade process is going to start?

Thanks for any help

Stuart

Got the same email that day too mate and my connection is bordering on dialup every morning. I'll give it a few more days before i take it any further and hope it settles down