cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from Voyager 240 ADSL Router for wireless

N/A

Hi there

I've got the BT Voyager 240 router and am using it with an XP pc connected with a wire. I'm getting a Vista laptop and wanted to connect that wirelessly. Which ones would you recommend? Do I need anything else apart from the router and is there a set up guide on plusnet? I found a link somewhere but it didn't work. Thanks very much.
4 REPLIES
N/A

I think the BT Voyager 240 router only connects via cable. If this is the case then the simplist solution is to buy a wireless router - something like the Netgear DG834G. Would also suggest that you buy a laptop with a built in wireless card rather than adding one at a later date.
N/A

Hi thanks, yes it seems only to take cables. The new Vista laptop I'm getting does have wireless capability so I'm guessing it doesn't need anything extra plugged into it. Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

You could also get a separeate Wireless Access Point to plug in to the router. I have a Netgear WG602.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Thanks Elvin. Will have a look at that. Smiley Although I could do with having my broadband connection back right now! :roll: