cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from Binatone 500 to 2000 Route+ Binatone WL1200

N/A

:roll: Iam having real problem trying to upgrade my original supplied Binatone ADSL 500 modem to a Binatone ADSL 2000 modem/router and adding in a Binatone WL1200 Wireless cardbus for for my laptop! Following the instructions to the letter I get as far as setting my username and password, try clearing whats there (as the real address contains the full username@plusdsl.net). The vclear username and pasword box dont seem to work and if you overtype it it comes back with just the username and you cant get any further! Anyone got any suggestions - I cant be the only person to upgrade - does anyone want to buy a Binatone ADSL Modem?

Ronnie F

Moderators note by Chris: Caps removed from title, it's unnecessary and considered shouting.
6 REPLIES
N/A

It may be the same as dial-up, in so far that settings are not saved unless you succesfully connect??
Are you sure the login username is xxxxx@plusdsl.net and not xxxxx@plus.net ??

Last comment, why Binatone ? Not exactly the best name in DSL and networking. I think you'll have to give away the Binatone 500
N/A

Binatone cos I got the lot for £70 !! Why do plusnet use them if they are so cr*p ! The instruction was in answer to a ticket to the portal as to what to enter - do you recon its worth trying it with xxxx.@plus.net??

Ronnie
Community Veteran

No, you must login on the router with plusdsl.net - this will also be shown on the connection settings page (see link on left).

As said above, you do tend to get what you pay for. Many USB modems work out of the box, you just tend to get the ones who have problems posting here. Some mobo's are also prone to USB power issues so often it depends on the product you use as to whether you get a problem or not and PlusNet or Binatone will not know if a problem will occur beforehand. The 2 light Binatone ADSL 500 was ok, however the newer 3 light version does appear to have a driver problem (they rewrote the drivers for the new version) when used on some XP/2k systems. On Win98SE it appears to be fine.
N/A

I suffered a similar problem when connecting using the Binatone ADSL500 modem.

My userid was correct, I thought my password was correct, but difficult to tell for sure because of the display i.e ***********

To cut a short story even shorter, I was refered to Binatone, who told me to open up the set up screen with Internet Explorer, clear the temporary Internet files, refresh & start again - worked 1st time.

Hope this helps

Jeff
N/A

Could be worth a try, clearing the temporary Internet Cache as mentioned above.
If the problems with the USB modem are anything to go by, the same problem with the setup screen may be evident with the Router.
In other words, if the problem is due to badly written html/activeX on the Binatone setup screens, it could be being used across the whole range (USB and Routers)

Older dsl accounts were xxxxx.plus.net, newer accounts are generally xxxxx.plusdsl.net, although I have heard of some new accounts using the plus.net suffix. However, as Peter has said, the correct suffix is always the one you were assigned at sign up.
pcorker
Grafter

Since the source code for the modem is titled "ADSL Ethernet Router" - you could well be right!