cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades are A Joke

ronnieuk
Dabbler

Upgrades are A Joke

I'm still waiting for my line to be upgraded I can get 4mb according to check on BT but no sign of any upgrade only thing PN are good at is taking monthly subscription Sad
13 REPLIES
keithcalder
Grafter

Upgrades are A Joke

If you have been reading through the notifications from Plusnet recently, they have stated that they have stopped automatic upgrades due to the amount of faults being logged with max services. If you want to be upgraded, then you have to request it. Smiley

See Below:

2006-06-15 10:57:00

DSLMax Upgrade Process Changes
Hi Guys,

I wanted to let you know where we are currently with our upgrade process.

As a number of you are probably aware, the response times for phoning the support desk and responses to questions, especially fault related ones are nowhere near what we would like to be offering. This is to a large part down to a large number of problems that have been raised with the customers that we have upgraded to DSLMax. The main problems being line connectivity stability and fluctuating speeds, especially within the first ten days of activation. This is a causing a considerably higher volume of calls and questions being raised.

Now, I’m certainly not blaming our customers for this at any stage, as it is only natural to contact us when these sort of things occur. These problems are sadly happening across the industry, and we are suffering particularly because we are upgrading our entire userbase for free, and as such, have an extremely large backlog of faults and tickets.

Because of this, we have taken the decision to freeze our automatic upgrade process for at least the next two months. However, if you do still want to gain an upgrade to a DSLMax service, we will still be offering this to people that opt-in via the http://trials.plus.net site. We still will not be able to offer an accurate timescale for when these will be completed, but they should be performed within 3-4 weeks of the request being made. Anyone who has already put in a ‘queue jump’ ticket will be added to the ‘opt-in’ pool and upgraded if they haven’t already been upgraded (most have).

Now, obviously this raises the question as to whether or not this should have been the process that we should have taken initially. Hindsight is clearly a wonderful tool, and at the time that we made the decision to upgrade all of our customers, we felt that this would be a fair direction to follow for everyone, and the feedback that we had seen from the trials that BT ran, was extremely promising and had no indication that the number of issues that our customers are reporting would be seen.

Again, I appreciate that calls waiting times and the times that it is taking for us to respond to questions raised via our website is not acceptable, and we feel that by pursuing this decision, these will be reduced over time, as we are able to reduce the large backlog of faults and tickets we currently have open. I’d also like to apologise for the frustration that these back logs are currently causing, and also thank everyone for their patience during this exceptionally busy period of time.

So, in short, our DSLMax service offering will now be performed on an opt-in basis, and we will be emailing all those who have not yet been upgraded, to let them know.

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
PlusNet Communications Team Leader
ronnieuk
Dabbler

Upgrades are A Joke

I applied for what you mentioned few weeks ago but still waiting for my upgrade.
N/A

Upgrades are A Joke

Never been one to moan but I made an upgrade request on the 2nd May. Still waiting.....

I know it's all in the air regarding the upgrades but almost two months is a bit steep, isn't it?!?

:?
LiamM
Grafter

Upgrades are A Joke

There is a new URL now which is http://max.plus.net which you can use to register your interest in receiving a upgrade now. People who have used the trials.plus.net address still counts and I believe that one will still be operational. But for naming purposes - you can now request an upgrade via http://max.plus.net.
N/A

Upgrades are A Joke

Can we downgrade to get afaster line? :lol:
ronnieuk
Dabbler

Upgrades A Joke

Yes appears to be lot of connection problems after upgrading to faster speeds
not all providers get connection problems or speed problems like PN. I know people who have been upgraded and expeirience hardly any problems with connections and have faster download speed. guess if you get problems with connections and speed after upgrading you feel like going back to square one lol
mikewogden
Grafter

Upgrades are A Joke

Having been upgraded, my response is don't touch it with a barge pole. This is if you want to spend long periods during the evening watching your sync light on your router flashing as your SNR ratio goes below 6dB and your system disconnects.
I didn't ask for this upgrade and the sooner someone somewhere reverts me back to my stable 1.2Meg pre ADSLmax line the better.
Regards

Mike
boone70
Grafter

Upgrades are A Joke

Couldn't have put it better.
E L
N/A

Upgrades are A Joke

I didn't ask for this upgrade and the sooner someone somewhere reverts me back to my stable 1.2Meg pre ADSLmax line the better.
Regards

Mike

1.2Meg pre ADSLmax sounds good. I've only got 0.9Meg so upgrading to the estimated 3-4 Mb/s sounds even better to me. Should I insist that they don't upgrade me?
fudokai

Upgrades are A Joke

According to the 8Mb upgrade info my line speed may go up and down for a couple of weeks - I should be so lucky Sad

Since we got back from holiday the connection has been up and down like a yo-yo (up 5 min, down 5 min, up 2 hr, down 20 min ...) which so far means 10 solid days unreliable connection. I'll admit that when it's up the link seems pretty fast - it just doesn't stay up long enough to check it. Some days it's just about unusable and SWMBO needs this link for her OU work so I'm getting earache about it. Additionally, I have a couple of daily cron jobs which rsync my Linux and KDE updates which should run in the middle of the night to make use of the off-peak bandwidth and the link hasn't often stayed up long enough to complete the jobs.

How much longer am I expected to put up with this situation?

Alan Evil
hitachi
Grafter

Upgrades are A Joke

You could try disconnecting a dozen times fairly quickly,BT's systems "should" pick this up as an unstable line and increase the target snr a bit to make it more stable,it's going to slow the connection down though
Slipperymack
Grafter

Upgrades are A Joke

Having been Max'd since 1/5/06 I would advise not to be in such a hurry to be upgraded - wait until all the teething problems are resolved by PN/BT. I am on the verge of asking to be reverted to my old stable 2mb service as MaxDSL has only given me problems with connections, sync's, stable rates etc. etc Seem to spend all my time trying to get PN to resolve these issues rather than using the connection for its purpose. Before Max I had a nice stable 2MB - 1.8 download connection. I have now a fluctuating connection whose download speed has never been greater than 1.9, is currently .400ish and has been down to .192 - upload speed has always been constant @ 380ish. My Stable Rate is currently .500, having been 5500 three wekks ago (prior to a holiday).

Some people I am sure have had a smooth upgrade - but looking at a lot of the posts many have not or their expectations of MaxDSL have not been met.
ronnieuk
Dabbler

Upgrades Are A Joke

Well I joined PN Sept last year had speed of 1mb and have no connection problems to speak of with PN. Trouble is with upgrades so when I'm upgraded no doubt I'll be back here complaining unless I get no upgrade.
PN are having to many problems with upgrades yet other providers I know about get nothing like PN problems.