cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

N/A

Upgrade

PN, customer services don't make me laugh.

Residental user, received notification of upgrade in speed, since then NOTHING works, and been like that for a week.

Informed PN, via telephone, Customer Service posts all replies via website, what good is that!

Connected via work, and told to carry out a series of basic checks, i.e discount modem, since these now have to be carried out when i go home, its the next day before I can tell them the latest test did not work, which I could have told them before.

Now all they can do is pass the problem from 1 fault team to another, even at one stage closing the ticket number as though trying to get rid of the problem by closing their eyes.

Another weekend approaches, another holding mail via the website, do they not read what is being sent, and still no news of what action they are taking.

It is enough to make you look elsewhere.

Anyone else with a similar speed upgrade problem?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Upgrade

N/A

Upgrade

Thanks for the info, but unfortuantely my modem is connected directly to the socket with no router, and there is still a problem.

It tries to establish a line but fails.

Looks like I will be without a connection for sometime.
N/A

Upgrade

Doesn't matter that you're not using a router. The problem probably isn't the modem/router; its probably back up the line in the Cloud-Cuckoo land of BT, and probably something to do with the upgrade to MaxDSL. I just don't believe its a coincidence.

I have an open ticket (from last night) whose last update says that "my support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.".

I await developments. Waiting being something I'm getting good at, now I'm reduced back to dial-up!
N/A

Upgrade

Sorry to disagree with previous post (even though BT are c***). How well does your modem/router setup handle the faster speeds. Several others and I, see link started by rossnet, have lost connection and our common bit of hardware was a D-Link 300G+ modem. Two things, check manufacturer's website for firmware upgrades and quiz tech support. Try to get hold of another setup if possible and run it up, your current configuration may have a device on the edge of the speed changes and simply can't cope?
N/A

Upgrade

Zillion - Looks like there are a number of us out there that PN just do not give a dam about.

Davewuk - Surely PN have an obligation to deal with the matters of "is your equipment up to it", before they upgrade, not just do it, see if it works, then just throw "have you done this" comments at us when the service is not available.

I also have a problem in how the Customer Service team approach the information about this problem.

What about those who do not have any connection or access to a connection at all, do yu not think it strange that the service fails and then any communication about fixing the problem is sent via e-mail?

Another example of not giving a dam, so long as they get your money.
N/A

Upgrade

Oh God, yes of course they should advise beforehand and expedite any issues.

I've spent the past week watching my line go up and down with a totally unusable service. When it did stay up it was only for minutes before dying again.

The fault checking system leaves something to be desired especially when access is via dial up and questions about disconnecting this that and the other are pointless when the service worked 100% before upgrades!

I'm just pointing at a possible reason for the problem as it is what I discovered for mine and so have several others. I took the plunge and picked up a new modem/router (making my perfectly brilliant, new Netgear router redundant Sad )