cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

N/A

Upgrade

How can PN ask me for nearly £15 to upgrade me early when Bt will not be upgrading my exchange (Norwich East) untill 5th June, is this a con?
7 REPLIES
N/A

Upgrade

If you choose to pay the early upgrade fee, you will be upgraded pretty much straight away (probably 5-7 days, but often sooner). Otherwise you can pay nothing, and get upgraded as per the BT upgrade schedule. It certainly isn't a con, plusnet a simply giving customers a choice of whether to wait until the upgrade happens through the natural upgrade schedule, or pay the fee and get it done now.

HTH

Cheers,
Graham
N/A

Upgrade

But I still do not understand.
How can you early upgrade me in 5-7 days when my exchange is not going to be updated untill 5th June?
I can not see BT upgrading a exchange just for me.
Regards
N/A

Upgrade

The exchanges are capable of 2Mb/sec right now, and have been for some time, therefore you can get an upgrade to 2Mb/sec (from say 512Kb or 1Mb) now by paying the £14.99, or wait for the "auto upgrade" as per the schedule PDF.

If you're referring to the 4/8Mb speeds then no, you won't be able to upgrade "early" (and in fact the schedule PDF for exchange upgrade is not referring to the upgrade to the new 4/8Mb speeds, but instead when the automatic regrade to MaxDSL (at 2Mb) will occur).

In other words, the exchange "upgrades" where by all users are bumped to a 2Mb service( depending on their line quality) and the upgrade to 4/8Mb are mutually exclusive! I don't think the 4/8Mb stuff is happening until the later half of the year (like towards September??).
N/A

Upgrade

Now I understand. Cheesy
Thanks
Community Veteran

Upgrade

Also please note that it's not the 5th of June.
Its June 05 which means June 2005 so it could be any time in that month providing the schedule doesn't slip.
Community Veteran

Upgrade

Also note exchanges have multiple DSLAMS and there is often a differrent date/month for each to be upgraded. So even though it says June 05, there may be other dates in the pdf and you could be on any one of them as it's impossible to know what DSLAM you are connected to.

An example Luton Town Exchange:

DSLAM ID Information
LOL-ADSL-101 Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in Apr-05
LOL-ADSL-1 Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in Jun-05
LOL-ADSL-102 Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in Jun-05
LOL_ADSL_2 Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in Jul-05
LOL-DSL-001 Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in Jul-05
N/A

Upgrade

Hi All,

I have also had a look at the pdf. I spose I am lucky as in the sens that my exchange only appears the once (or so it seems).
What I have found annoying now is though, that after PN have created such a great big fuss about telling people they will be getting a free speed upgrade to their account ( up to 4/8mb) when BT have made the changes, PN now have changed their minds and decided to charge for these speeds instead. Thats no problem to me.The problem I have though is that they actually didnt bother to mention this in any e-mail to me. Instead they decided to boast about the change in contention ad the (and this is very broad indeed) "free speed upgrades".
So until I phoned today I was under the false impressiont hat I would still get either 4 or 8 mb when BT have completed all the work, and further more FOR FREE.
It would have been nice if PN actually bothered to mention that fact that instead of charging for FU they would charge for 4 and 8 mb instead.

Tom.