Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Max

pioneer
Dabbler

Upgrade to Max

Can any body tell me how long it takes to upgrade to Max,
submitted ticket id 21067114 a month ago ,another ticket id 21066507 indicated 2-3 weeks . Nothing has happened ,I called the help desk they said it would be resubmitted as a priority ,still nothing happening.
I am wondering is it worth changing as my speeds now are so variable down to 30kbps on one occasion.

Brian
25 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Upgrade to Max

Hi,

I've replied to the ticket for you, the regrade should be done in the next couple of days.
N/A

Upgrade to Max

Been wait about a month myself :? I raised a ticket [21155528] on january 25th and was told:

"We acknowledge your request to be regraded to DSLMax as a priority and will endeavour to submit your order ASAP."

I've been waiting since about summertime last year when I got confirmation that my exchange was upgrade and that I was in a queue to be upgraded for free.

Does anyone know how long I got to wait?

Thanks in advance.
bill
Grafter

Upgrade to Max

I have been waiting since 16 November and submitted a new Question (Ticket) for a progress update on 31 January. How,then can some Plusnet staff suggest on this forum that up to 8Mb regrades will be done in a week, a couple of days, etc.; sometimes also promise to monitor the posters application.?
Last week I was asked on this forum to give details of my 8Mb request, which I did straightaway, and it would be monitored.
I have heard nothing since.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Upgrade to Max

Does anyone know how long I got to wait?

Hi,

Looks like the regrade was done in the last couple of days. I've updated the speed profile on your account, you should be getting somewhere between 2.5 and 3.5Mbps. You may need to disconnect and reconnect your router/modem for the change I've made to take effect.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Upgrade to Max

Last week I was asked on this forum to give details of my 8Mb request, which I did straightaway, and it would be monitored.
I have heard nothing since.

As with oniphoenix, looks like your regrade's already been done, I've updated the speed profile on your account so you may need to disconnect and reconnect for the change to take effect.
N/A

Upgrade to Max

Hi,

Looks like the regrade was done in the last couple of days. I've updated the speed profile on your account, you should be getting somewhere between 2.5 and 3.5Mbps. You may need to disconnect and reconnect your router/modem for the change I've made to take effect.

Niiiiiiiiiiice! Thanks Smiley

Does that mean my speed can only go to 3.5mbps?
sam
Grafter

Upgrade to Max

Hi oniphoenix,

I have had a look at you delta reports and it is very rare that you are syncing above 3424k.

You can try a few things to raise this such as connecting from the master socket and also rebooting your router once a day to see if the SNR on your line can be reduced to increase the speed, but as your line rates are quite consistant, it is possible that your line will only support 3 to 3.5Mb connections.
bill
Grafter

Upgrade to Max

Hello Dave
Thanks very much for sorting my 8Mb regrade. Broadband now shows 7500; was 2000. Great.

Bill
N/A

Upgrade to Max

I seem to be getting the same, requested the upgrade a while back and since then all i am getting is copy and pasted replies with no dates. Any ideas when it will be done?
N/A

Upgrade to Max

Same as Zmurgy.

Was offered DSL Max on 11 Sep (A.D. 2006!!!) - and duly raised ticket 20264755.

After waiting for a few months for some action... I raised another ticket on 20-Nov-2006 - ticket 20738131.

Ever the optimist, another request was submitted on 19-Jan-07 (21112120).

Finally, some progress, or so I thought. on the 29-Jan received a mail from Plusnet: "We're pleased to inform you that your broadband will shortly be upgraded... to 8Mb' speeds.". Great news... (service notice: SN38590930).

Despite turning my router on and off over a period of several days.... no change to line speed.

So, today, I've raised a fault. ID: 21417314 . Wonder what will happen next?

I really wish that Plusnet, would not offer upgrades if they can't deliver on them. Talk about managing expectations... not.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Upgrade to Max

I seem to be getting the same, requested the upgrade a while back and since then all i am getting is copy and pasted replies with no dates. Any ideas when it will be done?

Hi,

The regrade was done a few days ago for you, we've just started getting the first reports of the speed in (looks like the line syncs around 4Mbps). You may need to disconnect and reconnect for the change to take effect.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Upgrade to Max

I really wish that Plusnet, would not offer upgrades if they can't deliver on them. Talk about managing expectations... not.

Hi,

Looks like the same as zymurgy, your regrade was complete a few days ago and we've started to receive the speed reports through, in this case a sync speed around 4.5Mbps. As above you may need to disconnect and reconnect for the changes to take effect.
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Upgrade to Max

So what in theory should be thetime from order to implementation?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Upgrade to Max

You normally get an auto-response to the ticket within 1-2 days. From there the orders are batched up to BT and sent the following Friday with BT saying that once they receive them it will take up to a week to be done.

So depending when you put the request in, it normally takes between 1 and 2 weeks.