cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Max question

flicker
Grafter

Upgrade to Max question

My upgrade to "up to 8MB" started last Sunday, so it's been 8 days now. I am not sure how many times I should keep re-booting my wireless modem/router? I've done it about 2 or 3 times a day, is that too many/ not enough? I'm only 150 metres from the exchange, so was hoping to get a really fast speed (although what I'm getting is great really) but the highest speed has been around 6.500, but mainly I am getting around 5000mpbs. Would this seem about right? Or should I be doing something else? Shockedops:
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Upgrade to Max question

Rebooting it once a day should be enough, 2/3 times shouldn't hurt though.

If you are getting speeds of around 6.5Mb then this is pretty good, your router should have some connection stats in it which will tell you the speed it is syncing at, this should always be slighty higher than the IP profile speed on the BT speedtest results.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
flicker
Grafter

Upgrade to Max question

Thanks for that. How do I find what it is syncing at? Not too good with routers. It's a DLink. Is it the thing on the home page which says DSL Speed? Because if so, it says
448 Kbps Upstream, 8128 Kbps Downstream but that's nowhere near the speeds I am getting, and is more than 8mb, so don't really understand. Shockedops:

I just did the BT test and got

IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 6370 kbps

Be grateful if you could say this is okay, cos I haven't got a clue! :lol:
flicker
Grafter

Upgrade to Max question

Its now been 12 days since my upgrade to Max. I am still not sure what to expect. I have been disconnecting my router as suggested at least once a day, but haven't done it today as I thought this was only for first 10 days?

I keep running tests and am still not getting the sort of speed I was expecting, although it's still better than being on the 2meg connection. Please can someone tell me if this is normal. Just done the BT one and got -

IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 5620 kbps

This seems to be pretty much the normal speed I am getting, mainly off peak though, lower, in the 4000s during the evening.

I don't understand the bit that says my IP profile is 7150, but as yet haven't been able to achieve that at all. :?