cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Exchange

N/A

Upgrade to Exchange

I've just checked the Exchange Status Checker and there appears to be the following upgrades happening soon at my exchange. I'm currently on 2MBit and everything appears well. I've got my name down for 8MBit when it becomes available. Is there anyway I can tell from this information below if the upgrade to the exchange will be an upgrade to allow 4 or 8MBit Connections.

LPJ_DSL_102 Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in May 2005
LPJ_DSL_101 Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in July 2005

Any information on this would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
3 REPLIES
N/A

Upgrade to Exchange

I can assure you that your exchange wont be upgraded to 4 or 8 meg capabilities in May or July as BT has still not finished trialling the 4/8meg service. Unfortunately it looks like everyone is going to have to wait until at least september before the faster speeds above 2meg become available, unless the trials go better than expected and they let more people join the trail.

Andy.
Community Veteran

Upgrade to Exchange

No, this is just about the free upgrades to 2MB, altough all ADSL capable exchanges support 2MB BT have to visit each of the DSLAMs in the exchanges to change everyone onto the 2MB service this information has been taken from the BT Schedule PDF. 4 and 8MB are still in trial and unlikely to roll out until autumn at the earliest.
Hope this helps Smiley
N/A

Upgrade to Exchange

Yes that answers my question. Thanks for responding djandyq, & no7olivier. I hope they hurry up and get us all the faster speeds. I guess for now I shall have to wait.

Regards,
Kevin