Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 8mb Yearly Contract ?

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

When considering changing to the 8mb upgrade it says

5. Does changing my product affect my contract length?
Not unless you choose to change your contract type at the same time as you change your product.

I received the e-mail below which seems to suggest i have now signed up for another year?? or am i reading it incorrectly ?

PlusNet are pleased to confirm that your ADSL regrade to PlusNet Broadband Plus up to 8Mb (Annual Contract, No Modem) is now complete.

I have not changed my contract type only the product so why does it say Annual Contract ?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Were you on an annual contract before - its not clear from what you said if you were or not. Also what was the account you were on?

If not then they have moved you on to the wrong account so you need to raise a ticket and get it corrected. As it states you contract type will not change when moving to Max.
Community Veteran

Hi there.

Your account was changed from

1st May 2006 Product Changed PlusNet Broadband Plus up to 8Mb (Annual Contract, Activation and Modem Offer)

To

19th Mar 2007 Account Type Changed PlusNet Broadband Plus up to 8Mb (Annual Contract, No Modem)

Via the portal.

So in fact you havent actually upgraded anything. Your account was an annual contract and has remained on the same product on an annual contract. However as you have been with us for more than a year, this now automatically becomes a rolling one month contract.

Was it simply an upgrade to Max which you wished to acheive?
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Now i'm really confused (not hard to do) On my account details i have no record of ever upgrading anything till today my account only shows activation in May of 2005 (so i have actually been with PN for nearly two years) and the only other change to my account was today so i assumed i had never upgraded to the 8mb especially as my speeds never exceed 1.8mb.

1st May 2006 Product Changed PlusNet Broadband Plus up to 8Mb (Annual Contract, Activation and Modem Offer)

This i am also confused at as i had the modem and activation in May of 2005 not 2006. I am sorry if this is my fault but if you say i changed i must have done which means as you say i have upgraded to what i was already on and presumably my line will not exceed speeds of more than 2mb.......... Confused cos i sure am.....All i thought i was doing was upgrading to the 8mb but surely when i tried to upgrade it should have told me i was already on the 8mb.....When you say Max i presume you mean Maximum speed available which is all i wanted to achieve.....Thanks for your help
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The full history might help here:

19th Mar 2007 Account Type Changed PlusNet Broadband Plus up to 8Mb (Annual Contract, No Modem)
23rd May 2005 Signup PlusNet Broadband Plus - Up to 2Mb (Annual Contract, Activation and Modem Offer)

So it looks like you signed up in May 2005 for Broadband Plus with the activation and modem offer.

Last year there was a product refresh which changed the accounts from up to 2Mbps to up to 8Mbps (in name, the speed regrades were originally processed automatically, then stopped and then made opt-in).

The actual annual contract would have ended at the end of May last year, so although it will still say "annual contract" in account details you are now effectively on a monthly contract.

Regarding the actual regrade though, you're currently on the fixed rate 2Mbps service so the regrade is now in progress to regrade your line to the maximum speed it support and should be done in the next few days.
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Many Thanks