cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 2Mb premier complete, yet I get poor speeds?

N/A

Hello all,
My regrade and upgrade was completed today and I have received the email from PN that everything is complete. I have looked at what my router says (after no less that 5 reboots) and all checks out.
I go to do a speed test (PN's own) and the speed is up and down like a yo-yo.
So I checked with ADSLGUIDE and the results are about the same everytime. Speeds read just above half of an actual 2mb connection and hence I can only download at around 150Kbps.
I have left it a few hours to see if the finishes touches were ebing implemented but nothing has changed. I can only download at around 150 - 170 Kbps.
I have looked at a site which suggests tweaking the router (MTU) up to 1500 from my current 1400. I tried this and found that download speeds were a lot better, however this too had draw backs of that after about 10 minutes no site was responding no more.

Has anyone please got any ideas on what I could possibly be doing wrong or something I could tr to help.
I cant, or rather dont want to, believe that BT are that incapable of not getting it setup correctly first time round.

Cheers,

Tom.
1 REPLY
Community Veteran

Have you called support to have your speed restriction removed.

You may also want to tweak your settings - see MTU tweak.