cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 1Mb

N/A

Upgrade to 1Mb

Credit where it is due...

Ordered an upgrade from home 512k to 1Mb on the 19th Jan, given completion date of 26th Jan.

Checked router this morning (26th) expecting the worst, it was working! 950k on the +net speed test.

Well done +net.

Ed.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Upgrade to 1Mb

I would like to upgrade to 1MB do I have to run my 512k account for a year first?
N/A

Upgrade to 1Mb

No you don't.

Just go here:

http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=tickets

Choose new query, goto account changes and follow the instructions...
Community Veteran

Upgrade to 1Mb

And in case you are not aware the 1Meg service is subject to a line quality test by BT and if that test fails you will not be able to upgrade. The quality of your line and the distance from your local exchange govern if the 1Meg service will work or not. BT give no guarantee it will work and PlusNet cannot help if the upgrade is refused by BT.
Community Veteran

Upgrade to 1Mb

Also, be prepared for the annoyance of BT breaking your connection on a Thursday and making no attempt to sort it until Monday, during which time nobody will make much more than a token effort to keep you informed.

And when the connection is still non-functional on Tuesday, join the club. Evil
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]
N/A

Upgrade to 1Mb

Your situation is unfortunate, I been there myself for 3 weeks on one occasion.

However +net still deserve praise when things go well, hence my original post.

Ed.
Community Veteran

Upgrade to 1Mb

I'd be more inclined to praise them if they'd at least acknowledge that someone has noticed my problem and is thinking of the possibility of doing something about it..

The current paucity of communication leaves me wondering where I stand.

Though, of course, BT are making a few pennies from the situation.
N/A

Upgrade to 1Mb

Is there anything I can do at my end to improve my line quality?
N/A

Upgrade to 1Mb

Make sure you are using good quality cable for your extentions.

An alternative, though drastic. Unscrew the front of the master faceplate and use only the inner socker with a single phone until you order and been confirmed or denied.

If it does fail at that point, there is nothing further that can be done your end.

Another approach is to do the same as above (in terms on only using a single phone), lift the receiver and dial "1" (only do this with a corded phone, cordless ones are usless for this)

You should hear a very small amount of noise on the line, other than silence. The volume of this should be very low and is caused by the fact this is an electronic system.

However, if you hear and hiss, buzzing or cracking, I sugest phoning BT faults and asking for a line test. Explain what you cna hear and they will investigate further.

If they come back saying "No Fault Found", then you stumped and restricted to 512Kb ADSL. Otherwise, it may be wise trying for a new order (I would ask PlusNet for a woosh test to find you attuation figures).
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Upgrade to 1Mb

Hi Starion,

I've seen that you have now connected, there was a note saying that BT were due to fix the problem yesterday, so I assume that they have. If there's still a problem please let us know and we will re-chase it for you.

dandjholland - your regrade's with our provisions team. BT will test the line to see if it is suitable, if for any reason it fails I'd try Philip's advice above.
Community Veteran

Upgrade to 1Mb

I presume that any connection pre-12.58 would have been the router autoconnecting. Things seem to be working now.

Where were all of you when I was busy whinging? Wink