cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade question

N/A

Upgrade question

Right, I understood Plusnet's upgrade policy to be those on the 4meg and 8meg packages to be done first and then the rest of us done on the basis of who's been with PN the longest. Is this right?

The reason I'm asking this is because my brother lives a few doors away from me, he's only been with Plus.net for about 6 months though yet his router is now reporting sync speeds of 3200kbps. I've been with PN for about 18 months yet mine still syncs at 1152kbps nor have I received the email my brother got notifying him of the upgrade. :roll: How comeHuh

Also, although his router reports 3200kbps, Plus.net's speed test and ADSLGuide's report speeds of 1.8Mb. Is that right? :?

Thanks
Mark
8 REPLIES
N/A

Upgrade question

The speeds wont settle down and go right straight away, it can take upto 10 days so tell him not too worry.

Also what package are you both on because it also depends on the package and not just when you joined.
N/A

Upgrade question

The speeds wont settle down and go right straight away, it can take upto 10 days so tell him not too worry.

I thought that would be the case but he wouldn't listen.

Also what package are you both on because it also depends on the package and not just when you joined.

We're both on the Premier £21.99 per month package!!
N/A

Upgrade question

Thats odd then, he obviously shouldnt of been upgraded before you but it also depends on the billing dates I believe.
N/A

Upgrade question

Cheers mate!! Wink

I read on here that the Voyager modem is no good for 8Mb. I will get about 3Mb, will my Voyager be good for that?
N/A

Upgrade question

It depends on how old it is I believe. Best thing to do is check your model number on Voyagers website.
Community Veteran

Upgrade question

Probably but I would sugest you invest in even a cheap router as they tend to be better that USB modems and may even give you an further increae in speed.
N/A

Upgrade question

I'm gonna buy a Netgear DG834 soon anyway!
N/A

Upgrade question

will my Voyager be good for that?

See >>this<<about Voyager 105 modem tests.