Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade query

N/A

Upgrade query

Hi
I am currently on the following package and looking to upgrade:
ADSL Home Self-Install (Annual Contract)

Can anyone tell me if there are extra benefits to the premium grade accounts?
Also is there any reason why to upgrade to premium is £29.99 rather than £14.99 for the flexible bandwidth.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Regards
Dave
4 REPLIES
N/A

Upgrade query

Hi your current package is the equivolent of the new premium accounts. Basically they have no limits on the amount of data you are allowed to download each month. The other cheaper packages have limits on the data transfer so for example if you have a 512k line with a 4Gb monthly limit it would cost you £19.49 per month and if you downloaded 5Gb that month you would have to pay a little extra for that extra bandwidth. The best thing for you to do is have a look at https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/ and have a look at how much you currently use.

Myself I use a lot of bandwidth at times, one month i can use 8gig the next I could use 60gig, for myself if I was on anything but a premium account I would get masive bills on the months where I use a lot.

Hope this helps/
Community Veteran

Re: Upgrade query

Can anyone tell me if there are extra benefits to the premium grade accounts?

You get AntiVirus and Anti-spam filtering included for free - it was a paid for option on your current product. Other than that, the new broadband home premier product is exactly the same as you have with unlimited ADSL usage. If you choose one of the cheaper options, they come with a 'inclusive usage' figure which has allowed the cost to be reduced and caters for the low use user.

Also is there any reason why to upgrade to premium is £29.99 rather than £14.99 for the flexible bandwidth.

Did you not mean £24.99?

If you did mean £29.99 and that is what you have been told, it sounds like you may be on an original BT installed product. In which case it's actually a 2 stage regrade process: 1) BT Install -> wires only 2) speed regrade. Both stages incur a cost from BT which is passed on to you by PlusNet. The £24.99 or £14.99 costs are for a 1 stage process where you are already on a wires only package.
N/A

Upgrade Query

Hi and thanks for the replies.
Great to see that extras are included with the Premium option.

Thanks again
Regards
Dave
Community Veteran

Upgrade query

They are included in ALL the broadband home products, not just premier. The only difference between the capped and premier products is the inclusive usage. Everything else is the same.