cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 512 to 1mb home ADSL

N/A

Hi all,

I have ordered a 1mb upgrade to my 512 ADSL service from plus.net. I have aksed for a time scale fro the upgrade and no one has got back to me. Is there a problem with upgrading accounts? Does anybody know what the procedures are for upgrading and time scales? I look forward to your replies and experiences with this...

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Rather excessive smileys removed.]
7 REPLIES
N/A

The timescale should normaly be the same as that to activate it in the first place.

The problem with the 1mb home trial, it that it is as such, a trial.

BT are only passing limitted information back to ISPs during the trial period, until it goes officialy live on 22 November.

As a result, this will usualy mean you only get information on activation or failure.

You will know soon enough of the outcome.
N/A

Smiley

Okay thanks for the information. I did not realize it was still a trial!
N/A

Wait until 22 November

I put a request to upgrade to 1mb home service and have been without ADSL connection for 14days now. I also asked the likely downtime on the contact us ticket requesting the upgrade, and got no response.

My problem is I was on a BT installed product, the only way to get ADSL in 2001. This has caused no end of problems as BT cut off my service on 18/10 then took another 7 days to physically disconnect at the exchange. I now have to wait until 4/11 before the 1mb service becomes active, but I am still not convienced this date will be met.

I have been dissappointed by the lack of information given by my complaints to Plusnet over the time taken for the cease to happen. I would have thought someone could have chased BT for a quicker activation seeing how long they took to cease my old service. Only one guy called Ian Wild seem to get the responses flowing for a short while but they have dried up now.

I wait with anticipation for 4/11 to see what happens. So my advise to you is wait until after 22/11 apparently adsl guide web site reports the new system should only mean a 30minute downtime!! Sad
N/A

My advice would be to wait for Ian to catch this one again, however, you are advised to post in the customer feedback forum as they do not visit thsi forum as much.
Grimbo
Grafter

Re: Wait until 22 November

My problem is I was on a BT installed product, the only way to get ADSL in 2001. This has caused no end of problems as BT cut off my service on 18/10 then took another 7 days to physically disconnect at the exchange. I now have to wait until 4/11 before the 1mb service becomes active, but I am still not convienced this date will be met.

I had the same problem as you, but I couldn't (wouldn't) accept the 10-14 days downtime so I decided to wait.

I kept an eye on www.adslguide.org.uk and eventually BT decided to go live with the product earlier than announced which means that (although its no use you you unfortunately), people like us will no longer have the massive downtime.

We do still have to pay twice though (which is annoying since we paid more than anyone else in the first place!!!)

Still.... thats the price of being an early adopter!
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi,

We don't have any mechanism, unfortunately, by which we can ask BT to speed up an activation - They happen in the order BTs systems define and not even BT Wholesale have the power to change that normally.

As it stands, according to the BT system, your account was activated earlier today. Can you let us know if you still don't have service?

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Hey, the 1mb service is active at last. My main complaint is the lack of information from Plusnet as to how long this upgrade would take and why it took BT 7 days to cease my service leaving me without connection.

If I had been presented with the facts on the 'contact us' ticket requesting the upgrade I could have made an informed decision whether to wait until the product became official or wait for a 15day downtime. It also wasn't made clear that BT would send a bag presumably for the green stingray modem, it doesn't matter to me as I have been using my own router for over a year now, but anyone who is using this as their only means of connection will get a nasty suprise and more expense.

Now it's working I'm pleased with the improved speed, but Plusnet need to take a look at their customer service and information they provide.