cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 1Mbit to 2Mbit

N/A

Okay, small question here. Why on this page - http://portal.plus.net/products/broadband_home.html does it say in the bottom corner that:

"You can change your bandwidth later for free, if your needs change."

yet a change in bandwidth actually requires you to pay a fee?

After the price drops I am considering moving up to 2Mbit, but I'm really unsure about the upgrade fee I will have to pay. When I signed up, this little bit of text led me to believe that the upgrade would be free, but now I'm reading about regrade charges etc. Whats the story?
3 REPLIES
N/A

I belive what your getting mixed up with is that the "You can change your bandwidth later for free, if your needs change." means that you can change your monthly bandwidth limits for free.

To actually change the speed of your line PN have to pay BT to go out and work on the exchange so its only fair that theres a small charge for that. Where as changing your bandwidth limits can be done at PN's end Cheesy
N/A

Ahh, slightly confusing, given the mixed up terminology at use here. I thought 'bandwidth' was meant to mean the data transmission rate rather than the data transmission limit.
N/A

I know what you mean, bandwidth is such a univeral term, I prefer to refer to the speed of the line as the throughput it makes things a little easyer.