cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade after migration 30 days is this right?

N/A

Hi, Just in the process of migrating (eta 8th Sep) and just thought I would test out the process of upgrading to 1MB (have to come across on the 512k) Anyway after trying out the online upgrade it tells me I have to wait 30 days to upgrade my package Sad

Is this just because my migration has not happened yet ie tomorrow?? or is this actually true and when my line migrates I will actually have to wait 30 days before it will allow me to submit my request for the upgrade?

Can anyone confirm as would love to be super-speedy asap and don't really want to wait till October Sad
5 REPLIES
N/A

I think it may actually mean you will have to wait till that time, at the moment BT have been flooded with regrade requests. This is due to changes in the ADSL service on the 6th, many people that couldnt get 512k now can, thoughs that couldnt get faster speeds have more chance of getting it. So everyone and their dog has decided to sign up or upgrade making it take longer than usual to get sorted.

I do understand how you feel though, I was under the impression my regrade would be done today (was also told on the phone it should be today as well) but for what ever reason it hasnt happened yet (thanks to bt I belive) and I dont know if its happening this week or this month even.
N/A

Thanks for the reply, if it is just due to increased demand then I would assume I would still be able to request the upgrade and then possibly have to wait for the actual upgrade to take effect, I see no reason why I should be prevented in actually making the request though?

I guess I will just have to raise a ticket once I have migrated as only a few days ago I was advised that I could upgrade as soon as the migration took effect si something doesn't look quite right to me Sad
Community Veteran

You can submit a regrade request as soon as you have migrated, you do not have to wait 30 days. I suspect your have been given the 30 day reply because you are not a PlusNet customer yet.

Try the regrade procedure again after you have migrated.
N/A

I migrated from BT to Plusnet in the middle of August and yesterday 7th September applied for an upgrade from 512 to 1 meg. I received an email reply after a couple of hours saying the upgrade would take place in 5 - 7 days.

Presumably as soon as your PlusNet account is active you will be able to apply for an upgrade and get a similar response.
N/A

Thanks guys, you have put my mind at ease Cheesy