cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Payment

N/A

Upgrade Payment

I have been with PlusNet for at least two years and have no complaints re service but am disappointed that customer loyalty counts for nothing. .

JW
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Upgrade Payment

You could also have waited a few weeks and paid more.

The same goes for any products whose prices change. I could have bought a new microwave today and saved £20 but I bought it last week at the higher price. Am I dissapointed, yes, can I get a refund for the extra cost, no., because I paid the price that was correct at the time.

That is life, some you win, some you lose.
N/A

Upgrade Payment

I realise this - I am not stupid. I just wondered where customer loyalty has gone. Don't bother to reply.

JW
LiamM
Grafter

Upgrade Payment

Nobody could ever introduce any special offers and prices would never go down if the world worked like this.

Everytime a shop puts an item on special offer, hundreds of people will have paid the usual price just days, or possibly hours before. I chose to manually upgrade my broadband a few days before they announced free speed upgrades... that is life. I had to pay it. I was disappointed, but I couldn't get it back.

My parents bought a Dell computer last week for £600. Exact same computer is now £550. Nothing they can do about it.

Such is life....
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Upgrade Payment

If PlusNet told you that you could have it free now, because you paid less than a month ago, what happens with the person who paid the same as you a month and a day ago. You could go on forever like that.
LiamM
Grafter

Upgrade Payment

Or still.... there would have been many people who paid the same after you, including people who no doubt would have signed up hours before the new offer was rolled out.

If you were refunded, this would mean hundreds who paid after you would need to be refunded to.

It just can't work like that.

BT charge Plusnet for every activation. Previously, it just wasn't in their pricing/business model to be able to offer free activation. Since the new products were launched they can now offer these.

Bear in mind, you're not going to be tied in to 5 years now.
chymorva
Grafter

Upgrade Payment

Did JW remove a paragraph from the first posting ? ( I note it has been edited ).
This thread does not make sense (in particular Peter's reply) :?
Community Veteran

Upgrade Payment

Yes the bit I replied to has been removed by the OP. It basically said they activated their broadband connection with PN a few weeks ago and why were they not told about the free activation offer that now applies i.e. if they had waited a few more weeks they could have used the free activation offer.

I guess they did not like the comments we gave.
chymorva
Grafter

Upgrade Payment

Thanks Peter.