cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Headache :-)

N/A

Hi All

I am currently on "ADSL Home 1Mb - Router Starter Pack (No activation fee, Deferred hardware cost)" and at the moment my monthly direct debit is £44.79

What I am wondering is under the new pricing structure,am I able to upgrade to "2Mb premier" without an appreciable increase in that ammout if indeed it would change at all,or am I being too simplistic in that I would have to pay off what I owe on the equipment,and activation fee first?

Ian & Linda Jordan

I
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

From the Upgrade Guide:

6. Does upgrading affect my contract length? Can I upgrade if I have an existing annual Contract?

In just about all cases, an immediate upgrade will be possible without affecting your existing Contract period. Where you selected one of our 'deferred payment' options when you signed up (this spreads the payment of your activation or equipment costs over the first year of your contract), you will need to pay back the remainder of the outstanding deferred amount before the upgrade can be processed. You will be told of (and will need to authorise) any additional charges before your upgrade request is processed.

So you will have to pay-off the remaing months charges for the equipment before you can upgrade to any of the new Broadband Home products.
N/A

Thanks Peter

Had a sneaky feeling that would be the case,still only a few months to go so may as well wait a bit longer :-)

Ian & Linda Jordan