cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreliable connectivity

N/A

Unreliable connectivity

Hi all,

I have had a Plusnet account for about 6 weeks now and have experienced intermittent Sync loss particularly in the evenings throughout.

I've changed modem, filters, connected directly to master socket, updated firmware, removed phones from line, and basically tried all suggestions from Plusnet's support canned questionnaire with no benefit thus far. I've called support on several occasions and even had it suggested that it might be MIS2004, though I suggested that that was unlikely as the Sync light flashes even without the PC on and my understanding is that Sync is related to the line from modem/router to BT exchange.

I've read suggestions of considering electrical appliances that may be on timers but nothing in my house matches the times and that neighbouring appliances might be a problem. Is there a method of filtering the line further to overcome this if so?

I now realise how reliable cable broadband was and they didn't meter bandwidth.

D.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Unreliable connectivity

Have Plusnet performed a woosh test on your line?

Have you asked plusnet to pass the fault on to BT for investigation?

Does your router show line attenuation and SNR values, and if so can you post them.
N/A

Unreliable connectivity

Thanks for the prompt reply Peter,

Not sure if a woosh test has been performed as yet.

I haven't asked Plusnet as I hoped that they would instigate this.

Not that I can find, I have a Belkin - F5D7630uk4A wireless modem/4 port router. I have the modem connected directly to my PC and wirelessly connecting another PC. Both are obviously affected by the lack of Sync.

D.
Community Veteran

Unreliable connectivity

Sound slike you have done all you could to isolate the problem. Your next step is to raise a ticket as without this plusnet will not do a woosh test or pass it on to BT.

You will probably be asked to do all the tests again - CS have to go through this so they have info to give to BT.

Use the contact us path:

Connection problems
Broadband ADSL
Report a problem on a Self-Install ADSL Account
Self Install with 3rd Party Hardware (Hardware not from PlusNet)
- Yes to next 2 questions
Intermittent or dropping connection

Then answer all the Qs
N/A

Unreliable connectivity

Thanks once again.

Have already raised a ticket from beginning and have answered all questions for second time. Hoping to get a resolution asap as I find the service thus far appalling. Seem to be able to use about 30% of the service I'm paying for.

D.