cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding level status for FUP

N/A

hi

I looked at your graphs for FUP and I understand that you can break the limit of usuage for 3 months in a row but after that reduce speed is imposed in month 4.

does anyone Know if the level status go back to zero in month 5 or does it just go back to a level 2 status.

from Carl
9 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

It goes back, it doesnt reset.

So it goes,

Month 1 - Level 1 (Go over)
Month 2 - Level 2 (Go under)
Month 3 - Level 1 (Go over)
Month 4 - Level 2 (Go under)
Month 5 - Level 1 (Go under)
Month 6 - Level 0
N/A

Does the usage stats include stuff from 1am to 8am as for some reason mine tell me I have taken down 2Gb today.... which I *seriously* doubt I have done.. I had P2P throttled to 0 at 8am!!!
N/A

A little more on your first post, as it seems you are mixed up on some of the detail.

If you go over your allowance 3 months in a row, you will receive a slower speed as soon as you go over the 3rd time. Not for the 4th month as you suggested.

The slower speed will remain in place until the end of that 3rd month (you billing date).

At the start of that 4th month, you will be back on Level 2. As such, if you go over your allowance in that 4th month too, your speeds will be reduced.

For each month you remain within the limits of your allowance, 1 level will be removed, until you are at level 0.

The result is that you can go over your FUP allowance for 3 months in any 5 without your speed being reduced. The only exception being if you go over 3 months in a row.
N/A

.....for some reason mine tell me I have taken down 2Gb today.... which I *seriously* doubt I have done.. I had P2P throttled to 0 at 8am!!!

Hmm

Strange that you should mention that. See my post here

I would be interested in your opinion.

I'm sure that there's nothing sinister in the fact that acar chose not to answer that part of your post.
LiamM
Grafter

Does the usage stats include stuff from 1am to 8am as for some reason mine tell me I have taken down 2Gb today.... which I *seriously* doubt I have done.. I had P2P throttled to 0 at 8am!!!

The current VMU system shows data transfer between 1-8am also. The FUP comes into effect tomorrow, and thats when the new VMU system goes live also.

Could this 2Gb be from before 8am?
N/A

Sure can.. that was the idea...

Its a pity they could not have given us tools to look at times though in advance.. I guess I can safely ignore all previous months and start looking from tomorrow.

I thought it was 13th that FUP came in.. oh well! Wink
LiamM
Grafter

Nope, everything, including the new VMU tool comes into action tomorrow.

It will clearly state Upload and Download seperately as well as disregarding Off-Peak Usage (though I believe it will still show it).
N/A

Its now "Tomorrow" and its all the same for me... still showing 1.2gb downloaded.. and I know it was again set for 1am to 8am. Is there an announcement to say it was cancelled or delayed (intro of new measurement tool) ?Huh
N/A