cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unblocking ports

mrfdes
Grafter

Unblocking ports

My friends and I enjoy playing ET privately, however finding an empty server is hard. Because of this, I want to use my pc to host the game, but the default port (27960)

I've tried setting up NAT and Virtual Servers on my router (Mentor M4CUK) and opening the ports in windows, all to no avail.

Normally doing this will get it working, but it still won't (according to www.canyouseeme.org at least).

How do I unblock the ports so I can setup my server?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Unblocking ports

You need to setup port forwarding on your router to forward the port(s) you want to the internal IP address of the PC hosting the game. You may or may not need to add a rule to your software fireall for the port as well.

Are you sure that is the only port you need to use. Many games use multiple ports, some for the game and others for control purposes.

Not knowing the equipment you are using, that's all I can say.
mrfdes
Grafter

Unblocking ports

Yes, its the only port.

I can access other peoples servers, but people can't access my pc because the port my server runs on is blocked, its not a problem of me not being able to connect.

And also, I said which router I have.
N/A

Unblocking ports

you will need UDP ports as well for this game.. trust me on this.

1) make sure your firewalls are off (windows one specifialy)
2) go into your router and set it to forward the port(s) you need to your ip
3) save settings

should be all you need to do
N/A

Unblocking ports

Your router has port 80 open as I can get acces via a web browser. THis want closing ASAP as people can gain acces to your router. The port 27960 isnt open so you have not forwarded the port on the router.

If you look at
http://www.portforward.com/default.htm

They give details of most game ports and how to set them in most routers
N/A

Unblocking ports

I found that port forwarding requires you to set up a static ip (on your lan) and then point the forwarding at that.