cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see a page

Sheepdog
Grafter

Unable to see a page

I cannot get www.knightonlineworld.com is this sites IP address blocked by PN? worked last week but not been able to get through since Friday.
15 REPLIES
N/A

Unable to see a page

Hi there,

I can access that site ok. Not a Plus Net issue it appears.
holdtight
Grafter

Unable to see a page

Cant connect to it either ! tried using firefox and IE i get the following

You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page from the Internet address of your Web browser.

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the www.knightonlineworld.com home page.
HTTP 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address rejected
Internet Information Services

Background:
This error is caused when the server has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the site, and the IP address you are using is in this list.

I assume you are going through plusnets servers Mark
N/A

Unable to see a page

Strange one that. My IP range is 84.92.xx.xx

I wonder what range you guys are on?

I can still access it fine.
holdtight
Grafter

Unable to see a page

81.174.xx.xx here
what range are you using lostsheep ?
Sheepdog
Grafter

I am same as Bill

I am on 81.174.X.X and get same message as Bill. Can someone look into it for me. Cheers
N/A

Unable to see a page

Hi lostsheep,

It would be best if you raised a support ticket on this and if necessary point them to this thread.

The chances of the Comms team looking in here are slim.

A ticket would be the best course of action.
holdtight
Grafter

Unable to see a page

Agreed a contact ticket to support would be the next best step as the ip range is too much of a coincidence to be a one off

Ive not had any trouble accesing any other sites on this range and i would also be interested in the outcome of your support ticket lostsheep as it in some part affects me as well so keep us updated as to the response and outcome

cheers
Sheepdog
Grafter

Raised

Have raised ticket and supplied traceroute which works, supports thoughts problem with site me to contact site admin as they can see site OK. Have advised that we both cannot see site and maybe our Ip address' might be the clue as per previous posts. Will keep you updated.
N/A

:/

As a website admin myself, this message occurs when I block an ip from accessing my pages. Someone for instance who migth be cheating in my games. This isn't a good method as like you, your ip was banned when someone else was using it and now you have the ip but can't access the site. Of course it could just be a host mask ban, but i doubt that Cheesy

You'll have to contact the site admin and try and make him believe you and lift the ip ban Cheesy
holdtight
Grafter

Unable to see a page

I can now access the site ok have you been in touch with admin or tried it recently lostsheep ?
Sheepdog
Grafter

Just tried

And can access it fine never got round to contacting the admin team. How weird!
LiamM
Grafter

Unable to see a page

Works fine here on 80.229.x.x
N/A

Unable to see a page

Works here again on 82.94.xx.xx
It is quite possible that the site is blocking users based on freely available blacklists. The reason for the blacklisting of the ip range is probably because at one time or another there was one person with a trojan or virus so the entire range gets blocked.

Unfortunatly there's not much you can do about this apart from disconnecting and hoping for another ip address*

Regards,
Andrew D Wiles
* Note, will not work if you have a static IP
N/A

Unable to see a page

The ip's on plusnet are static, not dynamic... Think you'd be waiting a long time Tongue

Came across a similar problem ages ago, wasn't on plusnet then but, i was blocked from a site. I just left it at that, wasn't desperate to see the site anyway.