Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to news server!

KJS
Grafter

This is the report l am getting

Your 'alt.support.autism' folder was not polled for its unread count. Account: '1. Plusnet News', Server: 'usenet.plus.net', Protocol: NNTP, Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Anyone any ideas, was working ok yesterday.

Keith
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

0x800CCC0F - Connection closed
Your modem/network was disconnected. If this happens often with dialup, there may be noise on your phone line, you may need updated modem drivers, or an init string. With a network (broadband etc) the problem may be with your network hardware or drivers.

Not very helpful. Is it just this newsgroup or do you have problems accessing all newsgroups.

I'm not having any problems accessing newsgroups or that one in particular so maybe try rebooting (both PC and router/ADSL modem) and see if that helps.
KJS
Grafter

Peter, thanks for your reply. I am on 2mb home premier - no problems connecting on plusnet but l have just noticed that l am also getting timed out on the mail server intermittently as well. Also now I can connect to the news server again, l have not done anything this end.

I'II keep monitoring it and see what happens and raise a ticket should it persist.

Keith