cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to ADSL

N/A

Unable to connect to ADSL

Just received USB Modem & line is activated .
Set up modem software , it installed cleanly however when double click connection icon

receive follow error message :

Dial up networking was unable to complete the connection. Error 650 The computer you are dialling into does not respond to a network request check your server type setting in the properties of the connection.If this problem persists contact Network administrator

Modem has a flashing light , spoke to plusnet today and was told flashing light means it is trying to sync adsl connection , if light does not go green there is a problem with telephone line .

Did'nt Bt check this as part of activation ?

Any help / suggestions ..

cheers Steve ( sorry it
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Unable to connect to ADSL

Steve,

When I got mine, my DSL light was flashing, have you got a modem lead that you can plug into the modem/router without using the splitter. This is what I did and it was fine.

Bill
N/A

> Steve,
>
> When I got mine, my DSL light was flashing, have you got a modem lead that you can plug into the modem/router without using the splitter. This is what I did and it was fine.
>
>
> Bill

As Bill says, try plugging the modem line directly into the socket with no filter to see if it syncs then. If this doesn't help here's a tale about the problem when my line was activated - after a few weeks of no joy and trying all the various settings, and many hours on the phone to PlusNet plus e-mails etc, they eventually arranged for BT to come and check the line in my house - it turns out that when BT did some line upgrade work about 10 years ago they used some sort of filter between my house and the main pole which was picking up radio signals and wrecking the ADSL signal - once the filter was removed all was ok. I wasn't too happy with the length of time PN had taken to get BT to sort things out but at least I had a months subscription back.
N/A

Removed splitters , modem connects fine .
Spoke to Plusnet who are sending replacement splitters .

Thanks for the help

cheers Steve