cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect (Line sync but link down)

N/A

Unable to connect (Line sync but link down)

Hi,

I notice that a few people on here have been having problems connecting. I've been unable to connect since last Wed, my line sync is OK but I cannot connect (the TX light just flashes on my SpeedTouch 510) and I can not connect to bt_test@startup_domain. I have rebooted/reset the router etc, etc many times, even tested my router and wires at a friends where it all worked (on a different ISP)

Anyone else experiencing similar difficulties? Plus.net support don’t seem to be taking my problem very seriously, in fact I’m seriously considering leaving for another ISP as the support has been so bad. They say they’ve raised a call with BT but my problem been lost in the void since then!

Sad Sad Angry

Ben
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Unable to connect (Line sync but link down)

Hi Ben,

You only reported the fault Thursday morning. BT don't normally work weekends and normally take around 2 working days to fix a fault.

This is in hand with BT. We of course are chasing them to get your problem fixed as quickly as possible.

Kind regards

Kevin
--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> Hi,
>
> I notice that a few people on here have been having problems connecting. I've been unable to connect since last Wed, my line sync is OK but I cannot connect (the TX light just flashes on my SpeedTouch 510) and I can not connect to bt_test@startup_domain. I have rebooted/reset the router etc, etc many times, even tested my router and wires at a friends where it all worked (on a different ISP)
>
> Anyone else experiencing similar difficulties? Plus.net support don’t seem to be taking my problem very seriously, in fact I’m seriously considering leaving for another ISP as the support has been so bad. They say they’ve raised a call with BT but my problem been lost in the void since then!
>
> Sad Sad Angry
>
> Ben
>

From what I understand if the test BT user login doesnt work then it's the Exchange your on that's at fault, so nothing +net can do except chase up BT which can be a slow beast at the best of times.
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
Usually in #utgames #utchat #uthelp
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Thanks for the update, sorry to be such a pain but I'm finding it very frustrating especially now we are in the hands of the extremely efficient and helpful BT! Thanks
N/A

I have similar problem here ...

This happens all too often,... ADSL is definitely NOT always ON..

I Think ADSL subscriptions should come with free dialup access, for the times when there are problems.

It's very difficult to raise issues via tickets, and post logs, when the ADSL is dead..