cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to browse Web Pages???

N/A

Unable to browse Web Pages???

A new problem for me this - I connect to the network as per normal, my P2P apps connect and resume files, but I can only connect to teh plusnet portal.

All other weblinks give a "The Page Cannot be Displayed" Message.

Since I can connect to the P2P network Im thinking that there isnt a problem with my Router Set up (SAR 703A at the moment) so Im wondering if it yould be a prob with either Plusnet or myselfs DNS settings.

Any else having the same problem?
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Unable to browse Web Pages???

yeah they are fixing it dont worry but if i cant get onto my friend on yahoo soon grrrrr...
N/A

Yes. I'm having exactly the same difficulty. I guess I'll give up and try later. So much for 'always on'!

> A new problem for me this - I connect to the network as per normal, my P2P apps connect and resume files, but I can only connect to teh plusnet portal.
>
> All other weblinks give a "The Page Cannot be Displayed" Message.
>
> Since I can connect to the P2P network Im thinking that there isnt a problem with my Router Set up (SAR 703A at the moment) so Im wondering if it yould be a prob with either Plusnet or myselfs DNS settings.
>
> Any else having the same problem?

N/A

> Yes. I'm having exactly the same difficulty. I guess I'll give up and try later. So much for 'always on'!
>

Also having the exact same problem hence i'm posting this message as no other sites but the portal work! Sad
N/A

Yeah, Im getting the same problem. I can however connect to some sites (extremecooling.co.uk, streetmap.co.uk, reailtrack.co.uk) but little else.

Microsoft, Google, Yahoo etc are all no-goes.

I'm think that a major router has gone down somewhere along the line. I think there are 4 main routers for the world, and although its unlikely that one will have gone down, one of the routers coming off it may have gone down, which would explain why some stuff works and most doesn't.

Of course it could be one of the routers at plus.net thats fallen over....

Let me know if you find out any more info on the problem. I was gonna log it as a problem with plus.net, what do you think?
N/A

It seems that within <30 seconds of my last post, the problem seems to have corrected itself.

All my favourite links are working again. Smiley
N/A

> It seems that within <30 seconds of my last post, the problem seems to have corrected itself.
>
> All my favourite links are working again. Smiley

Yep im back on as well - Phew - Thought I had messed up my router settings (again)