cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access some web sites

Torchyboy

I have a problem which started yesterday afternoon sometime and has continued through today.

I am unable to access certain web sites. I have tried clicking on the URL in my favorites and manually entering the URL but some just show connecting with the blue bar progressing but never connect. However, many URL's do connect but I can see no logic to those which do or do not.

Google happily searches and access to Plusnet is fine.

My main frustration is www.ebay.co.uk which I have not been able to connect to using my 512 ADSL since 4:00pm yesterday. Have tried dialup via Plusnet and this works fine ( albeit too slow ) leaving me to assume no problem with ebay's web site.

I use a D-Link G604T router which has be rebooted and I have changed the primary & secondary DNS servers in case this was a problem (have had this before).

I can't think what condition would cause this sort of problem and hope someone out there could at least help with why this problem could occur and perhaps give me some idea how to fix.
3 REPLIES
Torchyboy

Access fully restored at 8:20pm.

Would still like to know what could cause this type of problem. Any ideas ?Huh
Eserim
Rising Star

I to can't get http://ebay.co.uk on Firefox, but can get it in Internet Explorer.

I can get http://www.ebay.co.uk in both browsers.

Somethings up with the look up of the NON WWW version of the domain name. Firefox tends not to assume the www in front of the URL. It would be interesting to hear what browser and exact URL you were using.

Chris
holdtight
Grafter

It seems they have had a few problems with their servers over the last
two or three days but it all seems to be sorted now

im not having any problems now in either browser