cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Connect - 718 Error?

N/A

At about 5am this morning I was disconnected from the internet and I have been unable to reconnect since then (it is now gone 12am as I write this).

The error I get is the following:

Error 718

The connection was terminated because the remote computer did not respond in a timely manner

I did not touch anything, I was running my totally 100% legal internet radio station when the connection dropped.

I am using a Voyager 105 modem that PlusNet sent me.

Ever since I was upgraded to this 8mb speed connection (an upgrade that I neither asked for nor was informed about) I have found my internet connection to be extremely unstable.

I have never been late wit ha payment and my wires are all connected correctly and work perfectly.
4 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Well this is the advice that Virign internet give to their customers about that error.

And this is another thing I found on google.
N/A

Thank you for the reply and the links.

I've been trying to connect every hour and still get the same error, I've also restarted the computer several times without any success.

I opened a help question with PlusNet at the same time as I started this topic but have yet to hear from them.

So since it has been like this for coming up to 12 hours I'm guessing it is a problem with the exchange?
Alecto
Grafter

Yes, it's not one I've seen before, but the google things all say if rebooting everything doesn't work, it may be at the exchange.

I'd have expected somebody else to post here if they'd got the same thing.
Could you get through to Pn on the support number about it, or is that still jammed with calls about Max?
N/A

Same thing here

Hi,
I was out of action with the same thing 6:00pm - 9:30pm.
Also had lots of 734 errors towards the end.
The LLU test account connected up fine throughout this period and gave excellent speed test results - only the PN account didn't work so I assume it was something to do with PN services.