cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRobotics Sureconnect ADSL Modem/Router + 4 Port Switch+VPN

N/A

Does anybody know if the above router is any good, and does it work well with Plus net. If you want to look at more detail on it visit http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=103056 :?:
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Like most UK sourced ADSL routers it needs to work and be compatible with BT's ADSL service and network as it is that to which it connects, not PlusNet.

It should work fine, whether it is actually good value or reliable etc I have no idea.

There are plenty of other manufacturers making similar products at the same price range - netgear DG834 and various models from linksys, dabs, ebuyer etc.
N/A

I upgraded from a Draytek Vigor 2600 to the wireless G equivalent of this (the 9106) chosen on the basis of it's features and some good reviews.

It was easy to setup, with everything working the way it should straight out of the box. It looks to be Linux based which probably explains why it is pretty solid.
--
Mark.
N/A

Thanks for the replies, looks like this one will be worth going for. I wanted to check as I am not just setting one up for myself but also for a neighbour. Am currently using the binatone usb modem supplied by plus net connected to a spare PC which is operating as an internet / print share server but my network hub is only 10Mbps and I want to move to 100Mbps and get rid of the spare pc.

thanks again.
Cheesy