cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USER NAME / PASSWORD QUERY

N/A

Hi

signed up with plusnet today, and then decided to change my username / password, household vote.

I phoned plusnet who said to mail customer support and tell them to cancel this username and password and then sign up again with the new username / password.

Is it normal for both accounts to still be active or not?

oxon11
7 REPLIES
N/A

I understand at this time, an account is not canceled, it is simply downgraded to pay-as-you-go (non-fee paying).

A password can be easily changed, however, useranmes are an integral part of the service, and as such, can't be changed.
N/A

Problem sorted, Plusnet are allowing me to switch usernames when my line gets activated. One further point could someone explain why domain names only last 2 years?

I quite fancy having an email addr for example

hippy@foxhall.co.uk

Regards
N/A

If you want your own .co.uk for your mailbox - i reccomend www.oneandone.com - it's £1.99 per year.
N/A

Except it's for a minimum of 2 years. Apart from that, it's a very good price.
craigbrass
Grafter

http://www.ukreg.com are better. They allow name server changes and are the same price as oneandone but they charge £4 every 2 years which is the same as oneandone's £2 every year.
Community Veteran

One further point could someone explain why domain names only last 2 years?

To answer the original question.
When you register the domain name it's yours for 2 years. At the end of the 2 years you have the option to renew it or let it lapse. This 2 year review allows unwanted domain names to go back into the melting pot.
If this was not done then once a name had been used it would be unavailable for ever after.
N/A

http://www.ukreg.com are better. They allow name server changes and are the same price as oneandone but they charge £4 every 2 years which is the same as oneandone's £2 every year.

The way i see it is

UK Domains
(.co.uk etc min two year period) £2.50 per year
£0.45per year
£2.95 per year