cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US pipe's

N/A

US pipe's

have plusnet had any problem with their US bound connections tonight, on a couple of occations i couldnt open any web site in the US but europe sites open ok, at one time the only site i could open was plusnet.

no big deal if its just a hickup but if not i need to dig into this damm thing again Sad

its working ok atm but it wasnt 5 mins ago..
7 REPLIES
N/A

US pipe's

Hi,

We had a report of this through the night, but further investigation revealed it appeared to be outside of our network. If you get any further problems, please contact our support team.

Kind regards

Luke Horwath
--
| Luke Horwath....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+
N/A

US pipe's

May/may not be related... Overnight I was trying to download a lot of patches from ftp.suse.com - It failed gloriously somewhen about 3.00 AM, but frankly I was too tired to investigate the real cause. SuSE's ftp connections seem flakey anyhows, on evidence of a couple of days attempted use, so maybe this issue is not related. Thought I should mention it.
N/A

US pipe's

You may like to try using ftp.mirror.ac.uk for suse files.

Under /sites/ftp.suse.com/

It may be slightly delayed, but you are allmost gurenteed a fast service (with the exception of days where a new release is made).

Seeing as mirror.ac.uk is peered almost directly with +net, the only times it should be slow, is during major service outages.
N/A

US pipe's

Hi Philip

I tried, unsuccessfully, to use that several times yesterday. The Online update tool claims that that mirror cannot be used for updates? If you know diferent I'd appreciate any insight. I was using a French (I think) mirror at 1-00 to 3.00 AM, which I was getting good speed from until it crashed out somewhen after 3.00 AM. Which is all a bit of a bugger via ISDN Cry Still... Ross-on-Wye gets broadband 30th July Cheesy
N/A

US pipe's

Ah, update tools, nice and flaky.

I am guesing the tool uses either a pre-defined list of server, or expects a fine in directory X, to telll it information about the site.

Try searching the net, there can quite often be minor, which unofficial, updates to the update tool, that will will give you greater access to more mirrors.
N/A

US pipe's

I will have a trawl round the net... Any ideas on good starting forums for Linux newbies? (Though not a Unix novice...) Allegedly I'm a trained Sun/HP Sys Admin, though frankly it's soooo long since I used it in anger...

And small pleasures in life.... Include typing this message via Netscape on my new Linux box... Cheesy
N/A

US pipe's

You may like to try using ftp.mirror.ac.uk for suse files.

Under /sites/ftp.suse.com/

/sites/ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/ - Does work however... Still crashed after three hours or so.. Blessed ISDN!