cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Robotics Ethernet Router 9003 setup

N/A

hullo, has anyone set one of these up for Plusnet? is strange i cant get it to connect to the net, i can ping the router and the gateway but thats it, router says its configured and connected but i cannot access web??!! duh. i have also tried supplying the DNS address just incase but still no joy, the router tells me to check network settings but not what for, im obtaining IP and DNS automatically but have tried it everyway i can think of anyone know what advanced TCP/IP settings i should be using or any help ant all would be welcome as im stumped. btw i have flashed to recent firmware, still no luck.........HELP please. :?:
9 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

I ave the same router and the same problem. I posted a message here as well, I will tell you if I could connect tonight,

cheers

yilmaz
N/A

Hello,

I got it working now. First upgrade the firmware to the latest one (2004). Then set the Ip of your LAN connection to 192.168.1.10, subnet 255.255.255.0, defaukt gateway 192.168.1.1 and DNS servers 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50. Disable firewall.

It should work like this,

yilmaz
N/A

Yilmaz,

Could I ask why you need to disable the firewall to get the router to work? This in my eyes is completely avoiding the reason for a router, well apart from using multiple machines.

You may need to set permissions to allow the machine in question access the net, but it would be doubtful if you need to disable the whole firewall in order to make access to the net possible.

I pesonally prefer the use of D-Link as everything is straight forward down to earth english and the design of the layout in the admin area is done so that even a novice can use it. But these are my personal preferences.

Regards,
N/A

I use the US Robotics 9016 router/modem. It has ethernet and wireless connections. The setup was flawless and worked stright out of the box. Perhaps the US Roboticsweb site would help they seem to answer queries within 48 hours and always have the right answer.
N/A

To be honest, I wanted to get it working so I got rid off everything that could prevent this. I have a software firewall anyway. I might try to enable the router firewall and see what happens.

I connected my ps2. Network diagnostic passes but can't get into central station. Do you now what might be the issue? I will check whitepapers on this site to see if I can find myself. Meanwhile I will appreciate any help.

Cheers

yilmaz
N/A

yilmaz, do you have a link for the firmware update, i can only find 2003.
also could you check your advanced TCP/IP settings and tell me what they are, mainly the DNS and WINS tickboxes, and i know this may sound strange but you are using PPPoA?
N/A

Hi,

sorry but I am sending this router back since I can't access it anymore via web interface. I am disappointed with this product.

yilmaz
N/A

I dont know about that particualr product, but the 9105 and 9106 4port routers/adsl modems and wireles in the case of the 06, are most excelenet routers.

If you cant access the web interface what to do is reset to factory settings.

To do this iirc its hold the power button for 20 seconds.
N/A

Consider the risk...

Disable firewall? You might as well be using a modem and a hub.:lol:

Check all the way throught the manual for how to setup, hard reset as others have already suggested , and do the setup with the WAN line disconnected until you're sure a reboot of your PC will still access the router. While disconnected from WAN (you know what I mean), disable your PC's software firewall, and re-enable when you connect to WAN again.

You need to eliminate a rogue software firewall from the equation, and eliminate incorrect router settings, while keeping protected.