cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPNP not working?

dragona
Grafter

UPNP not working?

Hi, i have a D-Link DSL-504T router/Modem/firewall and its using NAT but i havea problem hosting servers for games so i attempted to enable UPNP when my connection was connectedbut it seemed to crash the router. therouter then goes on a sequence of attempts to connect (incorrectly though) and just wont work the onlyway to get it back is to restore to a previous configuration any ideas on what i can do to either egt UPNP working or what ports to open for:

Unreal Tournament 2004
Neverwinter Nights
Halo 1 Demo

i need the following information:
TCP/UDP/Both
Port Start
Port End
Port Map (i think its where the port range is diverted to)

also how do i set incoming and outgoing ports?

PS: Ive only had this problem since the ATM Link Drop the othernight (you know the huge one) i have the exact same symptoms as when i enable UPNP
i had it enabled once before but i dont think it worked.

Any Help is appreciated!

Edit: also just noticed the football plusnet logo Cheesy
5 REPLIES
dragona
Grafter

UPNP not working?

c'mon please someone advise me, port forwarding doesnt appear to work for me ... is there something im missing?

i have a D-Link DSL-504T im running Firewall and NAT
Current Firmware Version : V1.00B01T16.EN.20040226
sharing internet Connection between 2 PC's
i add the port numbers and im unsure about the port map so i set it to the same as port start, i then try to use the program i want after applying the port numbers then adding and applying the rule to my IP using the Access Control Menu. and it still doesnt work.

EDIT: im also using DHCP i need to share my connection but i also want to host servers sometimes etc
N/A

UPNP not working?

Don't know anything about your router and not an expert on UPnP. However, I do know UPnP only works with software and OS that support it.
So, unless your OS and games support UPnP, it "ain't gonna work".
N/A

UPNP not working?

Have you enabled uPnP on the computer as well as the router?
dragona
Grafter

UPNP not working?

nopers BUT why would it crash my router? i thougt that the router "Wouldnt Care" if UPNP was enabled on my machine, it would be local to the router, plus i have had it enabled before i enabled it before i had ADSL, ive tried diconnecting but it still does this. never mind though ive figured out port forwarding (im assuming that access control is Blocking Ports)
N/A

UPNP not working?

i would not have thought enabling UPnP on the router would cause it to crash, unless something on the PC was trying to open ports or use UPnP at the same time.... MSMessenger or Virus maybe?Huh