cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNACCEPTABLE - Plus Net close ticket!

N/A

UNACCEPTABLE - Plus Net close ticket!

This is now getting to be totally unacceptable! How dare PlusNet close my ticket without waiting for my confirmation of whether a problem is sorted. Here it is:

"We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support
Centre has now closed ticket number [ 5556250 ].

You may view your Contact Us ticket at
http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=tickets
in order to view our response to your ticket. Please do not hesitate to raise a
new ticket quoting ticket number [ 5556250 ] should the issue
not be dealt with to your satisfaction.

Regards,
Plusnet Customer Support"

The person responding to the ticket says power off my equipment for 30 minutes and then try again - close ticket. I have been in IT for 17 years with 6 years of those spent running an ISP and have never heard such cr@p before. If doing a power cycle doesn't clear the problem, 30 minutes certainly ain't. The memory on my equipment will clear down way before that. What kind of monkeys are now manning the help desk?

However, providing that response does not give the right to close the ticket. This is little better than I would expect from BT Openworld or the like. I would have thought common courtesy would dictate keeping the ticket open until the customer confirms that problem is clear!

I am sorry guys but this is breach of contract time and I have every intention of now seeking compensation. To make no attempt whatsover to contact me to establish the nature of the fault or investigate or wait until confirmation of fix is unacceptable for a business service.

Ian, whoever, can you email me asap. I will open another ticket but this time I may well have no choice but to consider terminating my contract with yourselves since you are clearly in breach in not having made any attempt to investigate properly my inability to use a service I am paying you for. Certainly even if I stay then my view of PlusNet has been quite tainted by these latest incidents and by the quite blatant manipulation of "spin" put before the interests of your customers.

The issuing of a "closed" issue Press Statement and resetting the light to green is quite blatantly aimed at showing potential new customers you have no problems and has left a nasty taste in the mouth.

The only reason I am still with you after the last debacle is your much vaunted customer service. I am sorry but a customer service that closes customer tickets with no attempt to check out the problem is quite frankly not worthy of the definition "customer service".

Regards
--
Emeric Miszti
http://www.uksecurityonline.com
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: UNACCEPTABLE - Plus Net close ticket!

> "We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support
> Centre has now closed ticket number [ 5556250 ].

I very very very much doubt they closed the ticket with that line

> The person responding to the ticket says power off my equipment for 30 minutes and then try again - close ticket. I have been in IT for 17 years with 6 years of those spent running an ISP and have never heard such cr@p before. If doing a power cycle doesn't clear the problem, 30 minutes certainly ain't. The memory on my equipment will clear down way before that. What kind of monkeys are now manning the help desk?

Do you know anything about ADSL? the 30 minute power cycle isn't to clear the memory on your modem, it's to reset the DSLAM at your local exchange, which has a reset time of around 25 minutes I believe.
If you'd been RUNNING an ISP company for 6 years, surely you'd either know this, OR be using THAT ISP as your current isp, not another... unless the one you were running closed down, in which case I think you don't have much right to belittle a well established ISP such as plusnet.

> I am sorry guys but this is breach of contract time and I have every intention of now seeking compensation. To make no attempt whatsover to contact me to establish the nature of the fault or investigate or wait until confirmation of fix is unacceptable for a business service.

For gods sake man, all you had to do was open a new one, which frankly takes less time than appending an already opened one.
And frankly, the advice you were given was sound advice and has on many occasions fixed mine, and quite a few other people's ADSL problems.

Please think before next posting a rant.
Firejack
Grafter

Just so everyone knows. Emeric is a bit of an UK ISP god. He was the man who ran Cloud Nine before they got DDoS-ed off the Internet. He now is crusading on our (the UK surfing public) behalf for better internet security and awareness. Respect Emeric, keep up the good work Smiley . I loved my time with Cloud Nine. It was a great ISP.
I will ask for your patience though Emeric. PlusNet are every bit as great as Cloud Nine were. They have foundations not to dissimilar to those Cloud Nine stood for. Yes it was wrong they closed your ticket. But it was no doubt an mistake by one of the junior members of staff.
Ever since I joined PlusNet immediately after Cloud Nine closed. I have nothing but praise for their hard work and dedication in making PlusNet the best ISP around.

Later all,

Andrew.
N/A

Thank for the comments Andrew...it's just called letting off a bit of steam and its nice to be the one letting off the steam rather than being the one receiving itWink

I know PlusNet are usually very good and their staff have been under pressure and have made some mistakes. They were always our number one competitor when I was at Cloud Nine. We copied some of the things they did well (such as time banding - but simplified it) and we also saw the things they did badly (like the kick-off fiasco) and tried to improve on them. I notice that this has worked both ways and they followed us with a 1:1 unmetered product and I also see they even have a product called "HomeSurf" - funny that one Wink

Its just a shame they tried to close things a bit quickly on this occasion, its always sensible to go from red to amber and you can then say "well we are still tidying up" rather than setting yourself up as a hostage to fortune by declaring that all is well when its clearly not

In response to Daniel I must say I was unware of the 30 minute DSLAM point and would have appreciated the member of staff being a bit more clear on this issue. At Cloud Nine we had just implemented ADSL when disaster struct. Well as it happens I actualy left it off for more than an hour to no avail. It made no difference.

And now I know why....in their most recent update they state that multiple IP connections don't work anyway. I got back online by going back to single NAT.

Regards
--
Emeric Miszti
http://www.uksecurityonline.com