Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two ADSL modems......one account?

N/A

Two ADSL modems......one account?

Im looking into this. Can two
adsl modems plug into the phone line and run from the same connection,
with the same a/c?

If anybody knows the answer please give me a shout back, im desperate to find out. I would have thourght it was possible, but i need some pointers!

Help

Skrib......
5 REPLIES
chino
Grafter

RE: Two ADSL modems......one account?

No i cannot as you can only connect once, if you are only use one modem at one time then you are fine, the best option is make a small lan and use internet connection sharing..

cUnDaLl
--
cUnDaLl

--
1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley
N/A

As the other post suggests, it's unlikely you'd be able to run both modems at the same time.
The solution I went for was to get a D-Link DSL-504 ADSL router which allows me to connect 4 PCs at the same time. Router cost me about £100. Obviously each connecting PC needs a network card, but most new PCs have these as standard & you can get them for under a tenner anyway. Future plan is to plug a Wireless Access Point into the router & then I can connect my notebooks anywhere in the house or garden - if we get a summer next year I'll be able to work from my sun lounger, sipping a cocktail by the pool Smiley

> Im looking into this. Can two
> adsl modems plug into the phone line and run from the same connection,
> with the same a/c?
>
> If anybody knows the answer please give me a shout back, im desperate to find out. I would have thourght it was possible, but i need some pointers!
>
> Help
>
>
> Skrib......

N/A

More than 1 PC at same time?
7 conections.. or 4.

why would anyone want to connect all that ammount of computers or Palm hand helds at same time.

Do you have an internet cafe?.

:confused:
--
Jason
=====
chino
Grafter

Mabe if they have there own server as i am going to be running a ftp server, however you can run a ftp server and surf the internet all on one pc however the ftp server would run slow so it's better to have one cpu for a server and one cpu for normal surfing..

--
cUnDaLl

--
1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley
N/A

No internet cafe, just a wife and 2 kids - so there's often at least 3 of us wanting to do different things online at the same time......

> More than 1 PC at same time?
> 7 conections.. or 4.
>
> why would anyone want to connect all that ammount of computers or Palm hand helds at same time.
>
> Do you have an internet cafe?.
>
> :confused:
>
> --
> Jason
> =====