cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Tweaking' is not part of the ADSL setup

N/A

'Tweaking' is not part of the ADSL setup

As I've read in many DSL tweak guides...it is important to find the best MTU and RWIN values for your connection.

Does PlusNet seriously think the "windows defaults" are sufficient to get the most out of your 512/256 connection?
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 'Tweaking' is not part of the ADSL setup

I know for certain that an incorrect RWIN setting will cause things like streaming to not work properly with loads of buffering especially when you watch a 300K stream and u know u have plenty of excess bandwidth.

Using DU Meter, I can always see a bandwidth usage pattern when listening to mp3 streams...it looks like a near perfect sine wave and when it doesn't, i can expect skipping as the RWIN isn't optimized.
N/A

> As I've read in many DSL tweak guides...it is important to find the best MTU and RWIN values for your connection.
>
> Does PlusNet seriously think the "windows defaults" are sufficient to get the most out of your 512/256 connection?

I don't think PlusNet are any worse than the majority of ISPs in this respect.
jlpappin
Grafter

At least with PlusNet they provide you with a forum to discuss issues with other users which usually solves a few problems. Most other ISP's are total ***** too as they don't even admit their is a problem 99% of the time.