cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turnpike

N/A

Turnpike

Does anyone here use Turnpike as a mail news programme?
I had Plus Net beautifully set up and then someone suggested that I change a setting and now I cannot use Turnpike.
Can anyone help me please?
2 REPLIES
N/A

Turnpike

I'm afraid I can't help you directly, but wow, Turnpike - that's something I haven't heard of for a while. I first used it ten years ago when my father first got Internet access - via Demon naturally.

You could try browsing their newsgroup on google groups - although I should imagine you know about it already:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/demon.ip.support.turnpike?lnk=lr&hl=en

Cheers,
Chris

Edit: Oh and also, you should note that Turnpike is pretty much not being developed anymore. I know that email isn't exactly the fastest evolving protocol in the world but something to bear in mind.
nairobi
Grafter

Turnpike

I used to use it too - I had a universal licence which enabled me to use it on ISPs other than Demon. But I stopped a couple of years ago as it was simply no longer fit for purpose - I now have a home-grown mailserver which I access using Squirrelmail and Thunderbird and I access Usenet with XNews.

But if you wanted some specific help, perhaps you could give us more of an indication of what doesn't work rather than "I cannot use it"?