cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get broadband

N/A

Trying to get broadband

My daughter has been trying to get Plus net broad band after her previous provider went down. She still has a tag on the line from E7. Plus net say ring ofcom, they say BTwholesale who say it is a plusnet problem. Plus net are so vague that she is giving up in despair. I find their attitude so laid back as to be flat out. She needs BB for our Granddaughters 6th form course work and like a fool I recommended them All we do is go round in circles and no a sensible answer just load of unhelpful boxes. What does she do apart from going to Tesco or BT? I cann't place an Emoticon as there is not one displayed I can use! I find the whole thing exasperating
3 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Trying to get broadband

If there is a tag on her line from a previous supplier, that supplier and/or BT are really the only ones that can do anything about it, although PlusNet can approach BT on her behalf

Supposedly there is now a BT helpdesk phone number now where customers can seek help on issues like this-- maybe if PN can't do much on your daughter's behalf they can at least source that phone number

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/migration/summary/
1.17 The most significant of these problems is “tag on line”. Here, a customer tries to order broadband, but is told by his chosen supplier that he cannot have service because there is a “tag” or “marker” on the line – which may mean that another supplier is already providing service on that line. The customer may have recently moved home, or may have recently ceased service with a different broadband provider – or may have done neither of these things.

1.18 At the beginning of this year, Ofcom’s contact centre was receiving over 1,000 calls every week from customers who could not get broadband because of tag on line, and could find no one to turn to help them correct this problem. Following requests by Ofcom to address the problem, BT Wholesale has now established a dedicated helpdesk that is helping customers and their broadband providers get broadband where they are affected by tags.
timps
Grafter

Trying to get broadband

The ofcom teleohone line will divert previous e9 users to the right bt number sorry don't have ofcom's number

timps
shellsong
Grafter

Trying to get broadband

Ofcom switchboard 020 7981 3000