cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trepidation

N/A

Trepidation

:? I have just had my line activated and am awaiting my modem & splitters. Reading some of the recent posts however have started to make me worry. I have a 1yr old evesham 1.somthing gh amd machine with Norton av & firewall and was simply hoping to plug in the new modem and fly...... Worried now that things wont work. Any reassurance from any1 at +net?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Trepidation

In the six months that I've had BB with Plusnet I,ve never had a problem, no dropped connections, no hardware faliure, no billing cock ups, always been able to connect first time, always at a reasonable speed. In fact no worries what so ever. I can't be the only one surely, there must be hundreds or thousands of us. I don't make use of the webspace and all of the tools that go with it so I can't comment on that part of the service. I do plenty of 1 or 2 hour downloads and they complete without any bother, and that makes my £21.99 per month worth while to me. No idea what the cheaper dial up service is like, it's my quess that these accounts are only seen as potential BB customers, I could be wrong. Any way I'am well chuffed with the service and the moderaters efforts to remain unbiased and polite in these forums is always good for a laugh. :lol:
N/A

Trepidation

Thanks for that Paul but my concern is related to the new binatone modem as plp seem to having trouble with it and as i'm not particularly (at all) technically minded I dont know what I will do if I load it all up and nothing happens. Hope to be posting here in a few days saying 'No problems whatsoever - flying now' but as I say the previous posts have left a nagging doubt.
N/A

Trepidation

Many of the reports on the forums have shown people having issues with the Binatone 500 USB modem as supplied by +Net.

This appears to effect only windows XP in the most part, and would sugest a driver issue.

WIndows 98 and Windows ME users have reported it to work well, and some users that use both XP and ME, show that ME is working while XP isn't.

I have purchanded all my systems through Evesham over the past 18 months, and all have come with XP, however, at 1 year old, they where still shipping other OS's at the time.

What Operating System version did your come with?
N/A

Trepidation

Its got XP home edition
N/A

Trepidation

If there is an issue with thye Binatone 500 and XP would it be possible to upgrade the moden through +net?
N/A

Trepidation

You would need to contact +Net regarding your options on this.
N/A

Trepidation

OK Phillip I will probably try it when it arrives and take it from there. Surely these must be many people who've signed up recently and received the new Binatone who also run XP though!.
N/A

Trepidation

Very likely.

However, +Net will not give out customer figures for obvious reasons. in adition, there could be many users without the problems, however, because of the fact they are seeing a flawless service, they have no reason to look at and say as such on the forums.

That is the downside to customer forums, they show people having more problems than praise.
N/A

Trepidation

Hope to be able to put that right then in the next couple of days Philip

Thanks

Paul