cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace Routes

N/A

Trace Routes

I wasn't able to add to the post, so heres a new one.

Traceroute Results: View Traceroutes
Traceroute Time (24 Hour): 14:54 to 15:09
Traceroute Duration: 15 minutes
Traceroute Packet Size: 64 bytes
Packetloss in Traceroute?: Yes
Exchange: LARNE
Problem: Other (Please explain below)
Other Problem Experienced: Multiple Time Outs on various programs.
Duration of Problem: More than 1 week
Minimum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 512 kbps
Maximum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 256 kbps
Average Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 384 kbps
Account: ADSL Home (Self Install) - 512kb (50:1)
IP Block Size: Single (default)
Ticket Number: 12228922
Additional Information: Everything is back to normal after 3/5 minutes.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Trace Routes

From your traceroute, there are a few cluew to what can be causing your ptoblems.

Hop 1 (the first row) shows 192.168.0.1. - 192.168. addresses mean internet IP addresses and as such, i suspect you have a LAN.

When tracing fault, you usualy look for the first hop to have trouble. As the 192.168.0.1 hop apears to be in poor health like the others, it very strongly sugestes a problem there or before.

In other words, a probable issue with your own equipment.

I would advise you to follow the Troublshooting FAQ and wireing and filters tutorial as a start to tracing and removing the fault.
Community Veteran

Trace Routes

Have you tried just powering off your router or USB modem to see if that solves the problem. Or trying a different ADSL filter/splitter, or connecting directly to your master socket.

Also for a router, make sure you are running the latest firmware and that it is setup properly. Sometimes resetting to factory defaults then configuring it again can help.

Once you have isolated the problem with your own equipment and the problem still exists, repost your details again.
N/A

Trace Routes

Yeah, I have a NETGEAR DG384 Router, and it seems to be working fine. After having the router for nearly a month, this problem has only happened inside the last week. The only change made to the router is opening a few ports for some games.

Though the problems i'm getting seemed to happen when the maintaince was done by Plus.net to some services. The router has been upgraded, but i'll play around with the splitters/filters, cables, etc to check it. I'll even change to the second LAN port on my motherboard.

Cheers for the info.