cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total cobblers!

N/A

Total cobblers!

What is it with you bunch? A bit of upset and you're all heading for the doors. My PERSONAL experience of 5 ISP's over the past 5 years involve all of those talked about on these pages and I wouldn't urinate on most of them if they were on fire.. and that includes the three-letter one! They were by far the worst!!!!! At least +Net communicates. The others just ignore! OK.. go elsewhere.. more room for those who like +Net, but I'll lay you a fiver that you'll be sorry!

:mad:
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Total cobblers!

This was to a server in Los Angeles 2 minutes ago..

your
download «455 kbps

your
upload «239 kbps

What's wrong with thatHuhHuh Both exclude overheads!
N/A

Whilst you may be happy, there are many people who aren't and for good reason, so don't give us that 'I'm alright Jack' tosh. Are those of us that are getting a poor service supposed to take some sort of solace from the fact that Richard Drake is getting good connection speeds to some server in LA? Does anyone who cannot get decent uploads/downloads via plusnet even care about your speed? No.

N/A

Bollocks!

Moaning just doesn't help. Try another isp then and see if they are better. The five I have used ain't. Much worse in fact.

My speeds WERE down, and I didn't know much about how to setup the stuff, but I learned and it worked.
N/A

I have nothing but praise for Plus.Net throughout the whole "connection issue" problem. I have even tried justifying there siutation, to those that have moaned, while in the background I have moaned to myself, that it isn't good enough.

While I was doing this, I also had in mind that every ISP has issues, but Plus.Net comuincate them, and have worked flat out to fix them. This was what kept me going, and kept me praising them.

However, I have now had enough, and feel I should start moaning too.

I am but 1 user in 20,000 (unkown), you are but 1 user in 20,000.

Saying my connection is allright, is like giving 20,000 £1, and asking them to line up, and use it in 1 specific slot machine.

Just because you won the jackpot, doesn't mean other should have.

I 100% aggree that there is nothing wrong with the speeds, as I too get excelent speeds (I might add, faster downloads than yours). It's the fact that it's a gamble if the service is gonna be there on demand, as it is supposed to be.

Just because Jack is happy, doesn't mean Jill should be.

There have been many posts from people, not so much giving praise, but asking people to be patient, and explain why these things happen, including experiences that they have had.

But many of these people have changed there mind then they hear what other have had to say.

What most people are askign for is maybe over the top, but I best most of the moaners would put up with a solid 350 bits/sec on a stable connection, than 490 bits/sec playing chance.
N/A

> Bollocks!

Just dropped, have they?

> Moaning just doesn't help.

If by 'moaning' you mean pointing out to Plusnet when their service is unacceptable and attempting to find out when problems will be fixed, then what would you suggest we do? One thing is for sure: idiots that try to belittle other users who are having genuine problems does not help one iota. Besides, that's customer support's job.

> Try another isp then and see if they are better.

I may well do that, if PN don't get their act together and agree to furnish me with my CBUK number, or whatever.

> The five I have used ain't. Much worse in fact.

Again, who gives a toss?

> My speeds WERE down, and I didn't know much about how to setup the stuff, but I learned and it worked.

A heartwarming story of one boy's battle against the odds. We're so proud of ya, Richard! Never mind the fact that you are once more implying that the problems many users are experiencing are due to their own shortcomings rather than those of plusnet. Maybe PN should start a 'brown nose' scheme to run alongside My Deferrals (oops, I mean Referrals) for the most deluded pro-plusnet rantings that get posted to these fora.
rikmoncur
Grafter

Well said! Sometimes I think there are plusnet customers who actually like paying to be abused. No doubt they visit Madam Whiplash on the odd evening too...
N/A

you dont want to beleive richard drakes figures anyway .

I once got a speed test reading that I could download at 17 meg per second and posted it just for fun. But he insisted it was a correct reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hes probably misreading the figures again.
N/A

> you dont want to beleive richard drakes figures anyway .
>
> I once got a speed test reading that I could download at 17 meg per second and posted it just for fun. But he insisted it was a correct reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Hes probably misreading the figures again.

Nope, wasn't me that said that!! In fact someone else corrected you on your interpretation of what I said!! 17Mps just ain't possible even if you want it to be! We were talking about doing a speed check from the PlusNet servers and saying that it isn't a true speed test. I've no idea where you got the 17meg from.

Have a look at the correspondence.