cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toshiba Wireless Broadband Gateway WBG-1200A

N/A

Does anybody use a Toshiba Wireless Broadband Gateway WBG-1200A to connect to PlusNet? I bought one from DABS.com. I can't get it to work. I tried it on a friends FreeServe ADSL connection and it worked fine.

I think the problem may be related to the Redback system in use by PlusNet. Any advice would be welcome.

NB - The BT test accounts seem to work OK.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Yes, I'm having exactly the same trouble - i've had to use it as a bridge instead. Can somebody please help as this is not satisfactory.

I called +net and was told that they couldn't help because the router is not supported. Thanks for the service +net!!
N/A

would you rather them give you the wrong information or just honestly tel you that they cant help you?
N/A

They didn't honestly tell me that they can't help me. What they said was, "You don't use the router that we recomend so therefore we are not going to provide you with support". Thats not honesty, that's lazy complacency.

No, I'd like for them to investigate the problem rather than point blank refuse to help. Even if they were to say "Err, sorry sir but that router you bought is incompatible with our servers as the router/our server is non-standard", I wouldn't be as annoyed. But to provide no help whatsoever ... that's not what I'm paying my monthly subcription for.
Mike_Grice
Grafter

No, I'd like for them to investigate the problem rather than point blank refuse to help. Even if they were to say "Err, sorry sir but that router you bought is incompatible with our servers as the router/our server is non-standard", I wouldn't be as annoyed. But to provide no help whatsoever ... that's not what I'm paying my monthly subcription for.

Hi there,

The problem we have here is that it's impossible to support every piece of kit available on the market. One of the reasons we have our own hardware is so we can support it (we make little profit from that area).

We can always provide basic settings for your hardware but really when it comes to esoteric setups it's not really in our remit to go through the equipment with you - the product is dubbed as "self-install", and while we support our own hardware because we are trained to do so, it is down to the customer to get their own equipment running.

Have you tried the manufacturer's website to see if they have had similar queries?
N/A

I'm afraid that there is no information as to whether other people are having this trouble on the toshiba website but I did manage to get a full product specification.

Here is the product specification given by toshiba
http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/Contents/Toshiba_teg/EU/Others/Generic/TEG_Gateway_1200_Specs...

I also grabbed this bit of marketing guff from toshiba http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/Contents/Toshiba_teg/EU/Others/Generic/M2046_DS_WiBrGa.pdf

I got this information off of expansys:

Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) via one RJ11 port; ATM Features: ATM forum UNI 3.1/4.0 PVCs; Support up to 8 AAL5 VCCs for UBR, CBR, rt-VBR and nrt-VBR traffic shaping; RFC1483 LLC Encapsulation and VC Multiplexing over AA5L; RFC2364 PPP; RFC2225 Classical IP and ARP over ATM; RFC2516 PPP over Ethernet Relay and Client;