cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torrent Problems

N/A

Torrent Problems

Iv been with plusnet for a long time and iv never had any problems with p2p downloading but over the months im having real troble downloading anything and a average speed.
I average to download at 4.5kb/s and the upload seems to spike up then slowly drop and this repeats all the time.

Well iv done port forwarding and thats open.
I dont know what else to do.

Can someone help me?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Torrent Problems

Look at all the other threads. PlusNet are shaping traffic and prioritising it to HTTP, Gaming etc. Thats why im migrating to BeThere.
N/A

Torrent Problems

Same here. If you want to use your connection for any peer-to-peer work, then you're with the wrong ISP I'm afraid. I'm just waiting for the switchover. A shame. There used to be a better balance here, but now the almost all the bandwitch has been handed over to gamers and YouTube addicts.
N/A

Torrent Problems

You'll need to move to another ISP as Plusnet just can't get their act together.
Isitme
Grafter

Torrent Problems

Or up/downgrade to PAYG, as many are doing Wink

EDIT See this thread-
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53830&start=0
rob1969
Grafter

Torrent Problems

Thats pathetic !
Plusnet are going to lose so many customers over this.
N/A

Torrent Problems

Thats pathetic !
Plusnet are going to lose so many customers over this.

Thats there problem m8...They want to screw you for more money for a bit then it will slow again so they can screw you another time..Move thats what I'm for doing as soon as I do my research as to the best ISP to move to.