cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too long from exchange

N/A

Too long from exchange

Hi,

Have just upgraded my account to ADSL Home self install 500. Before I did this I checked my number on the BT website to see if I could get - the checker said I was too long from the exchange to get adsl so I signed up anyway. If Plusnet determine I am in fact, too long from my exchange, will they offer another alternative? Ive read somewhere that for those living too far away another package can be offered, but the speeds are a little slower. Opinions anyone?
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: Too long from exchange

> Hi,
>
> Have just upgraded my account to ADSL Home self install 500. Before I did this I checked my number on the BT website to see if I could get - the checker said I was too long from the exchange to get adsl so I signed up anyway. If Plusnet determine I am in fact, too long from my exchange, will they offer another alternative? Ive read somewhere that for those living too far away another package can be offered, but the speeds are a little slower. Opinions anyone?

It's not really about distance, it's line loss that matters. Currently 55 db is the limit, which happens to average out at 5.5km on a standard line. BT are looking into increasing this limit shortly to 60db which will push up the average distance. Read www.adslguide.org.uk if you want more detail